FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me to check the roaming settings on my phone and operator. Don't feel like paying hundreds of ? just because my phone syncs with Facetube.

You can't live three days without this weird internet-thing? What is that anyway? Some kind of drug?

You can't live three days without this weird internet-thing? What is that anyway? Some kind of drug?

mhm... you should be talking to his phone :p i think he only wants to stop his phone from racking up ridiculous roaming charges for him, with him actually doing the whole internet-rehab treatment at the time.

I didn't mean just h-p but all the others, too - we are meeting in real life (yes, that thing where the pizza delivery man comes from, fear it!) and have a whole lot of other things to do than checking mails or updating your youbook+-profile or something...

internet_addict.jpg

Yeah agree with Eye-Q here. It'll only do you good, anyway. :lol:

It will already be a strain on my nerves to be forced to use a mobile phone next weekend :D

Ooo nice - what are you doing to do between Heathrow and the Ring? :) If you're driving onto the continent I guarantee you'll drive past me - just as you join the M20 towards Dover. :lol:

I can live without internet just fine, but I do like to be able to use the things that make my smartphone a smartphone when abroad, like checking weather, searching google/wikipedia, etc.

I didn't mean just h-p but all the others, too - we are meeting in real life (yes, that thing where the pizza delivery man comes from, fear it!) and have a whole lot of other things to do than checking mails or updating your youbook+-profile or something...

Well, for starters, we want to keep the people at home updated on what is happening. Twitter is no problem for phones, uploading videos is. Last year, DaBoom needed internet to find a hotel on his route, that was quite useful too. I can't remember a real life situation at Ringmeet where we said "not now we have to check the internet", it is more like "be prepared to have it" :) (And we might need to source parts or garages like last year :D)

I guess I'll still have more than 800 MB available before throttle-down for this month, but strictly speaking my phone plan doesn't allow tethering, I think...

It may seem like I am an old man but I will bring a book to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.