London Burning

Shoot them in the face.

With what? The cops are mostly unarmed and they don't begin to have enough armed rapid response squads with MP5s running around to stop this. The urban populace of law abiding subjects don't have arms (the criminals do) so they can't do anything. They don't have the two tier military structure other places have, so there's no "Home Guard" to call up.

Won't be seeing any counterpart to the Korean and Viet shopowners in the LA Riots in the London ones, either.

What a great advert for the UK. Time to bring back the death penalty for scum like this.

My prediction is that this will spread to Liverpool, Manchester and Bristol by Thursday latest. Those are the usual powder kegs when this kind of stuff starts happening.

Less likely but possible are Nottingham/Derby, Leicester/Loughborough, Leeds/Bradford and Newcastle/Middlesborough/Sunderland.

What a great advert for the UK. Time to bring back the death penalty for scum like this.

:idiot: How old are you?

This is a debate for another thread but since Capital Punishment has been adequately demonstrated to be no deterrent to first degree murder what would be the point? It serves no purpose other than to slake the thirst for revenge.

And even if it were effective you are assuming rational thought occuring in the minds of the mobs who are perpetrating this shit. One or two individuals might just have second thoughts but just as various animals use numbers to their advantage to ensure the survival of their species so the larger the mob the greater perception of collective safety and the less likely individual members are to be concerned about the immediate and longer term consequences of their own actions.

Last edited:

Thats a knee jerk reaction that is just typical of the problem. You aren't thinking about whats causing the problems for these riots. The riots are chaotic but the causes and roots aren't. Treat the causes and the roots and you prevent a situation like this. Besides, MWF put it clearer in his post.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF

While all here know that I am a staunch advocate of capital punishment, I have to disagree with you on this. A death penalty sentence given and executed in semi-private long after the riot is over isn't going to discourage future occurrences in the least.

Now, shooting looters caught in the act at the scene will discourage others from deciding that looting is a viable pastime, but somehow I don't think that's what you meant. Sadly, the repeal of the UK Riot Act in 1973 removed that as an option...

Thats a knee jerk reaction that is just typical of the problem. You aren't thinking about whats causing the problems for these riots. The riots are chaotic but the causes and roots aren't. Treat the causes and the roots and you prevent a situation like this. Besides, MWF put it clearer in his post.

I'm not seeing that the UK can or will address the real problems, honestly. They'll throw all sorts of trendy 'solutions' at them and then be absolutely shocked when they have more riots anyway. :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
I half expected this to continue. There is a lot of tension that is being released and this outcome is unfortunately the only way some of these people feel they have to express their frustrations.

Why not give the death penalty for simple theft or destruction of property. Get real.

Spectre, as far as I am concerned you're preaching to the fucking choir.

GRTak, from the images on Sky News right now a lot of this is kids between 12 and 15. On summer vacation, bored, with cellphones and Facebook. They aren't attacking people, just trashing shops and business.

Which is even sadder somehow. :(

Last edited:
While all here know that I am a staunch advocate of capital punishment, I have to disagree with you on this. A death penalty sentence given and executed in semi-private long after the riot is over isn't going to discourage future occurrences in the least.

Now, shooting looters caught in the act at the scene will discourage others from deciding that looting is a viable pastime, but somehow I don't think that's what you meant. Sadly, the repeal of the UK Riot Act in 1973 removed that as an option...

I'm not seeing that the UK can or will address the real problems, honestly. They'll throw all sorts of trendy 'solutions' at them and then be absolutely shocked when they have more riots anyway. :dunno:

Spectre, its not often i agree with you. but on this occasion you are right on the money.

:idiot: How old are you?

This is a debate for another thread but since Capital Punishment has been adequately demonstrated to be no deterrent to first degree murder what would be the point? It serves no purpose other than to slake the thirst for revenge.

And even if it were effective you are assuming rational thought occuring in the minds of the mobs who are perpetrating this shit. One or two individuals might just have second thoughts but just as various animals use numbers to their advantage to ensure the survival of their species so the larger the mob the greater perception of collective safety and the less likely individual members are to be concerned about the immediate and longer term consequences of their own actions.

Why the heck do you get neg repped for holding an opinion on this forum? What a ridiculous place.

As for the question - it acts as a suitable punishment. Why should paedophiles be allowed to live in relative comfort in jail till they die, whilst the victim will forever be scarred by what happened? Filth like those sort of people don't deserve to live.

Why the heck do you get neg repped for holding an opinion on this forum? What a ridiculous place.

As for the question - it acts as a suitable punishment. Why should paedophiles be allowed to live in relative comfort in jail till they die, whilst the victim will forever be scarred by what happened? Filth like those sort of people don't deserve to live.

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

So basically you can justify those who are wrecking the lives are others right now, can you? By destroying their shops and businesses. Okay, whatever.

Clearly these people will never learn. Get some proper law inforcement going in this country for once.

I didn't neg rep you for having an opinion. I'll stand by your right to have an opinion if you can back it up. Form a cohesive argument to back up Daily Failist bullshit like that or don't post it otherwise you portray yourself as a moron.

Oh, I forgot, you cant form a cohesive argument. If you could you wouldn't have made the remarks towards Spectre that you did the other day. There's a Danny Dyer show on Sky 2 right now. Why not go watch that instead and give your brain a rest?

Speaking of which my brain needs a rest since I have a job to go to tomorrow. Night all.

I didn't realise at this place you had to give a 5 page dissertation to back up every opinion you hold.

Anyway. I'm done at this place. Clearly I made a mistake when I thought joining this messageboard would be fun. Thanks for showing me otherwise. Bye!

Pedophiles are usually not caught committing their crimes en masse under what is rightfully martial law conditions. While I believe that such should get the death penalty as (among other things) it is a deterrent to those that are thinking about such a crime, the first objective under such conditions is to stop the looting and lawlessness and frankly I cannot see a post-riot death sentence as affecting any future would-be rioters at the time they riot.

Typically riots are not premeditated but heat-of-the-moment things and therefore do not involve much if any thought or reflection. Little if any thought is given to the future (otherwise they wouldn't torch their own neighborhoods) so a potential death sentence way down the line isn't really going to help.

Shooting looters caught in the act will impact on the people immediately and it will stop at least part of the problem. Thinking or no, seeing someone else doing the same thing get mowed down will make people decide to do something else in a hurry - no real thought required.

Pedophilia is absolutely a pre-meditated offense and as such thought is involved. Therefore judicial capital punishment would have a chance at deterrence in that scenario.

I didn't realise at this place you had to give a 5 page dissertation to back up every opinion you hold.

Anyway. I'm done at this place. Clearly I made a mistake when I thought joining this messageboard would be fun. Thanks for showing me otherwise. Bye!

[video=youtube;ReYfu5E-hOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfu5E-hOE[/video]

Last edited:

If that's your reaction then no great loss. Don't let your router hit you in the arse on the way out.

:p

So why the riots? Is it because of the "austerity measures?"

Does anything reveal that this may be far more organized and planned than thought initially? In other words, these "masked youths" may be part of some extreme political group?

And as far the death penalty...that is nutty. Property is being burned, stores looted, not mass murder.