[02x03] August 7th, 2011

[02x03] August 7th, 2011

• Total voters
Best episode yet.

As for the trucks and the percieved notion of over playing them. You have to look at the US auto market. Over 20% of all new car sales are trucks. Spend a day around Fort Worth and try to count just the white trucks on the road. You'll lose count real fast. I think the challenges the trucks did should have been more along the lines of comparable. Have all the trucks tow a train, pull the poles over etc. TGUK has one advantage over TGUS. And that is sponsorship. TGUK doesn't have to worry about angering sponsors with negative comments. I have a feeling they won't do a tally board and have a "score" associated so a sponsor won't come back and say why'd you give my vehicle a bad review.

For the Ralley Fighter loved the segment. But Tanner kept saying it could go anywhere and that no other street legal vehicle could do what it was doing. It's obvious that car was never intended to go through any sort of water based on air filter location. And did Tanner forget about the episode he did with the Velociraptor? I wonder which of those two would be faster and more comfortable on and off the track.

BSSC segment. Is still lacking big time. That part of the show is ruining it for me. I don't mind the outside intro and the driving in part but I always get the feeling the stars don't get any instruction on how to "race" like they do on the UK show. Adam does come off as being more comfortable but he's no interviewer. I don't mind the generic questions of what is your current car or what was your first car. I mean it is a car show and when car people get together what do they talk about? Their current car/past cars/first cars etc.

The show could be much better in a 90 minute time slot. This way they could get the segments to not feel rushed or over edited and still get the required sponsor airtime in.

Skipped the 'star' no idea who he is.
I'm sure there is plenty of youtube if you want to find out. Basically got big with the Blue Collar comedy tour. Though it may help to be part redneck to enjoy most of the jokes. Highly recommend Ron White's set on the first tour (including his story in a bar/pub... "Drunk in Public").

Edit found Ron's, Engvall in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdz_-06wGqc

But the time restraints do not really allow for enough dialogue for the guests anyway.

Last edited:
I'd forgotten about the Thomas the Tank Engine stuff -- that was funny as hell.

Just quoting Adam Ferrara in the Corvette ZR1.

You're an idiot. You can quote me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonne

Oh, I'm so sorry. I must have picked up my tone from watching Clarkson insult Americans on Top Gear.

im glad you know the difference in a Tonne or TOON or whatever the fuck it is but its clear you dont know how to use a forum, How many posts do you need? If you dont know how to use a forum then before you start being an asshole go read a guild about forum etiquette please. Multi-posts are frowned upon. There is a section here in this forum that explains what all the little buttons do, read it.

Ladies, please.

I enjoyed it. I like how there's a bunch of truck themed challenges going on in TG US. Why? Because its something different. If I want all supercars or hot hatches or old British cars breaking down I'll watch TG UK. Have a bunch of American vehicles being put their paces (and breaking down) is a nice change of pace. With that said, I do hope they go abroad and do some challenges.

The hosts look like they were having a lot of fun, and the segment as a whole was a lot of fun. An F450 doing a burnout, a Silverado 3500 HD pulling down telephone poles, a the Ford pulling a train, and the Ram 3500 pulling down a whole house? Awesome. Maybe The UK buys should have used pickups instead of old military equipment!

The race was pretty epic, although at the very end you could tell it was staged, see how it magically gets a burst f speed just before the finish line. Good fun though. But wow, what a stupid place for the intake. No wonder it Hydrolocked.

I enjoyed SIARPC, mostly because I enjoy Bill Engval.

On the whole the hosts are really hitting their stride, and the challenges are no longer rehashes of TG UK challenges. With that said The editing and transitions need work, and they need to stop with the recaps. Waste of time in a show already short on it. I'd also like to see the challenges be a bit more structured, a la TG UK.

Still it was good entertainment, and at the end of the day that's all that really matters.

Also if you're going to quote Adam, do it right. ;)

I know, the rest of the world thinks Americans are arrogant, and to be fair, f*** you.

Sooo back on topic, I like where this show is going, this was a good episode, I think they'll have an excellent thing going if they just clean up the editing a little (stop wasting time and get more content in there, as others have said).

One big complaint though, which is the same as last week's... they glossed over talking about the cars. They just read off a couple specs and then get into insulting each other, pulling things down, etc. I like the antics but I also like to learn about cars, that's half the reason I watch the show. When the UK guys do reviews they might not be 100% accurate but I always walk away from one of those feeling like I have a pretty good idea of what it would be like to drive one of those cars. With these US guys doing it, more often than not all I walk away knowing is how much it weighs and, if it's a supercar, that it's fast (no shit).

None of them have ever reviewed cars before as far as I know, so I assume they'll get better at this :)

Looking forward to next week!

I liked this episode. Not as much as episode 2, but it was still pretty good.

As for the truck 'test' I don't think it really mattered how fair it was, or how full of info it was. Truck owners are a fanatical group, zealously devoted to their own particular god, be it ovals, bow ties, or MOPAR. Who ever won was guaranteed not to gain a single owner from the ranks of the zealots who worship the other two brands.

And, really, who cares? All three are damn good trucks. Unless you're towing the freakin' Empire State Building, you're probably never going to max those trucks out. So you might as well skip the testing and go straight to "my truck penis is bigger than your truck penis" stuff, cuz it's fun!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Dodge have a TV ad out lo, these many years ago wherein a Dakota pulled a locomotive?

Okay, a quick search didn't find the ad I'm thinking of, but here is something similar: http://wot.motortrend.com/2012-ford-ranger-tows-train-remind-getting-22314.html

im glad you know the difference in a Tonne or TOON or whatever the fuck it is but its clear you dont know how to use a forum, How many posts do you need? If you dont know how to use a forum then before you start being an asshole go read a guild about forum etiquette please. Multi-posts are frowned upon. There is a section here in this forum that explains what all the little buttons do, read it.

I have to join a guild to use a forum? How long is the apprenticeship?

Tell you what. Why don't you consolidate all your posts from tomorrow through December 31, 2015? That way, I'll read your nonsense once instead of being bombarded with shit every day.

the thing about this episode I thought was pretty stupid was the truck drag race. First Adam says, "let's have a drag race!!". Then he says, I'm not going to win.. Seems like a continuity to me.

I did enjoy the donut that tanner did though.

Rally Fighter:what a machine:it looks like a blend of the old Mustang Mach1 and Camaro and it goes everywhere,pfaaaa!
30 made... 29 still running(or was it the prototype that he broke?)
"that was a pyle of superduty" hahahahha
"we need to go before these people get home"

Enjoyed the episode. Some funny quotes, the whole truck thing was entertaining. The only thing less interesting to me was the guest. They're getting close to being as entertaining as TGUK though, so yeah, liked it.

Now I understand that there will be one great episode on TGUS. This episode was done very well. It had great production values. I want to believe that the TGUK crew did this episode and then handed the reigns back over to the US crew to see if they can learn how to do an episode. It doesen't matter that it was about trucks. Gone was the sillyness. The host were actually funny and not stupid. I actually laugh with them and not at them like they are pathetic. The drag race segment was enjoyable to watch. The airboat race was actually thrilling. I was actually rooting for Tanner to win. The strongest truck was also excellent. The editing was top notch. This episode made me realize something I couldn't put my finger on till now. The biggest problem with the hosts is that they seem to come off like they are reality show contestants and not seasoned hosts. I just would like to see TGUS understand that they are a CAR show thats entertaining and not a sitcom with cars.

That way, I'll read your nonsense once instead of being bombarded with shit every day.

Jesus, Beech, park the hate at the door why don't ya? Or better yet, why don't you and Sik Pony take your pissing contest outside and let us talk Top Gear? I've already chided you once about the Golden Rule, don't make me call your mom!

I have to join a guild to use a forum? How long is the apprenticeship?

Tell you what. Why don't you consolidate all your posts from tomorrow through December 31, 2015? That way, I'll read your nonsense once instead of being bombarded with shit every day.

yes, you have to join a F%^&ing guild.

Anyways, if you dont know, what i was telling you to look up (lazy MF) is the "multi-quote" button at the bottom of each post. Its how you quote multiple people in one post instead of 4 posts in a row.

Dont be an ass, thats how people get banned in here.

I enjoyed the show.

As for the trucks comment earlier. Over 20% of new vehicles sales in the US is pick up trucks.

One thing that bothered me was when Tanner was commenting on the Ralley fighter that their is no other street legal off road vehicle that could do what that could and it was all terrain. Well it's obvious it was never intended to ford through streams and such. But had he forgotten that he drove the Velociraptor? That looks like it would make a much better on road vehicle and do the same punishing off road that ralley fighter did.