Jay-Z cuts roof off Maybach 57 in new music video and makes it into carbage.

I say we boycott these guys too. How could they fuck up a rare DBS like this? Do they not have any respect? And...they didn't even do it for charity, they did it just to get the $12 in my pocket. How dare they!

Good point, but maybe the difference is the way it's made. That music video is just raping the Maybach to death and that's all. The Bond one is Aston being used and dying in the process. Of course both are fiction and the end result is the same, but the difference is in the fictional reason.

And also: James Bond + Aston > Jay Z + Kanye West + Maybach. But I guess that's pretty obvious.

Actually it's a sample of Otis Redding's, not The Commitments'. When you sell the rights to the sample, you sell the rights to the sample, easy. I doubt his family (or whoever sold them) was too annoyed by money they got for it.

Also, don't care for the Maybach. Pretty small on the 'I have too much money' scale and makes much more sense than Kanye's diamond teeth for example.

I know, but I like the commitments version better.

I like it chopped, I like it a lot! Looks post apocalyptic.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bo/boobo-oobo/2011/08/12/Clipboard02.jpg

b85e2ae4818e7b0ba9f3ad530732d5f68c4eb5fd.png

Since when do we care:

a) about Maybach's?
b) what Jay-Z does?

I think it looks pretty neat, myself. :unsure: No different than a car being cannibalized for making a movie.

A lot of people getting bent out of shape over on Autoblog over this...who knows why. And many of the comments border on the "fuck those uppity ni**ers for destroying an expensive car!" Think about it, folks.

Last edited:
I say we boycott these guys too. How could they fuck up a rare DBS like this? Do they not have any respect? And...they didn't even do it for charity, they did it just to get the $12 in my pocket. How dare they!
Good point, but maybe the difference is the way it's made. That music video is just raping the Maybach to death and that's all. The Bond one is Aston being used and dying in the process. Of course both are fiction and the end result is the same, but the difference is in the fictional reason.

And also: James Bond + Aston > Jay Z + Kanye West + Maybach. But I guess that's pretty obvious.
It's my understanding that the DBS was created for the sole purpose of being a Bond car and Aston had no intention of building them, at the time. Those cars from the movie were created to be destroyed. If they didn't destroy them, they wouldn't have been built, or at least not as many of them. Not that they could sell any undamaged cars to the public, since they wouldn't be road legal, so whatever ones survived the film were probably taken away by Aston and dismantled/recycled/destroyed.

But as far as the Maybach goes, I have to side with everyone else saying it's just a hopped up Mercedes and hardly a loss. I would be far more annoyed if it was a Rolls Phantom.

I don't care about Maybachs, but still... I've you so much money you can do whatever you want to $400k car, why not just sell the car and give the money to charity, instead of destroying the car, then getting maybe some money from it to charity.

I guess it's okay to Jay-Z and Kanye West to download this thing they call their music, because apparently they don't need money?

Yeah that is the bit about this that bothers me. That was another 400k that the charity could have used, more even if they payed people for the chopping it up bit.

I think it's awesome. Yeezy and HOVA finally improved a Maybach.

Maybachs are starting at $100k these days, or 1/3 the price of what they were before. Who cares? Think rappers give a shit? Two of the biggest egos in rap collaborating together, give a damn about charity? How is writing a check entertaining?

I happen to think it's pretty awesome. For one thing, I've never liked the Maybach, and all of a sudden, it's cool.

I'd rather see them turn a Maybach into a post-apocolyptic rat rod than watch them posing in an Escalade for 3 minutes.

Spike Jonze directed this video. So I guess it can`t be that bad.

Quite a nice desktop wallpaper here. And I wonder if everyone would be so bitchy if Clarkson did exactly the same, but with a few off-hand witty remarks.

Yes, I understand that many people dislike ostentatiously rich and tasteless (up for debate) black people. But these two are quite talented (well Ye definitely is, and Jay is at least good with words).

15k948.jpg

What has musical talent and good taste with videos to do with each other? Or good taste on cars...

I thought it was ace, maybach's awful anyway so its no great loss. Its just a man, who has the means to do what the fuck he likes and he actually does it.

See, the problem I have here, is a distinct lack of good music.

Hahahaha, you think Audioslave is better than Jay-Z? Im not even a big fan but, damn! Whats next? Foo fighters? Staind? I really dont think you remember "Big Pimpin", aka hands down the greatest music video song of all time.

Yes, I understand that many people dislike ostentatiously rich and tasteless (up for debate) black people. But these two are quite talented (well Ye definitely is, and Jay is at least good with words).

Rich tasteless white people just take money that could have gone to giving their employees good health care and better education and spend it on third homes and swiss accounts. These guys made an awesome video with a convertable maybach with fender flares and a spoiler. Im with the blackies on this one old chum!

edit: Honest question: If jeremy clarkson had done this on tv, how upset would you be?

Last edited:
I also agree it is awesome and is the pretty much the only Maybach I like along with the Brabus.

Its like what Mad Max would drive if he was ballin'

Last edited:
Hahahaha, you think Audioslave is better than Jay-Z? Im not even a big fan but, damn! Whats next? Foo fighters? Staind? I really dont think you remember "Big Pimpin", aka hands down the greatest music video song of all time.

Yes, I do think Audioslave is better than Jay-Z. And you better not be talking down my Foo Fighters! But, if that doesn't whet your appetite, let's up the ante with some Queensryche:

To be honest, it doesn't bother me what you like. I'm not a fan of rap, and I only posted it to tweak the rap fans. But this was as good a reason as any to post Queensryche (as though I needed a reason).

edit: Honest question: If jeremy clarkson had done this on tv, how upset would you be?

I know you were quoting someone else, but I'll respond to this with: Rich people can do whatever they want with their money, even if the end result looks like a tin garbage can mated with a Mercedes-Benz. I don't care that this was done in the name of cheap entertainment (not sure if you can consider a Maybach "cheap"), and it wouldn't have bothered me if Carrot Top did this (though he is annoying). I'd only be ticked if this was done with a rare, one of a kind car, but even then, it's not like it'd really affect my day.

Last edited:
But you didnt answer my question: What if jeremy clarkson chopped the roof off of a maybach in the making of a top gear episodes, not carrot top or "rich people". I think everyone would be just as shocked, but wouldnt be upset like this.

Also: 250 GTO volante incoming, just as soon as im super rich. I'll go classy and use a plasma cutter, not a sawzall.

But you didnt answer my question: What if jeremy clarkson chopped the roof off of a maybach in the making of a top gear episodes, not carrot top or "rich people". I think everyone would be just as shocked, but wouldnt be upset like this.

Also: 250 GTO volante incoming, just as soon as im super rich. I'll go classy and use a plasma cutter, not a sawzall.

I'm answering for myself, I can't speak for others. My point in mentioning Carrot Top is, I don't care who it was that did this, because in the end it doesn't matter. Yes, it could've been Jeremy Clarkson who did it, I'd feel the same way about the overall effect. The only reason I'd have for prefering Clarkson to do it, is because he's funny and I'm not a fan of rap. I'd say you're probably right about some of the people who have come in here to bicker about it, but I'm sure there'd be some people up the wall if Clarkson even looks the wrong way at a Maybach.

If you plasma torch a 250 GTO, I'll probably grumble to myself about such a classic and irreplacable car (something the Maybach is neither of) is being trashed, but I'm not going to go onto a web forum and bitch about it. Though if you make a music video out of it, I'll probably post some classic rock.

Screw it, have some Priest:
[video=youtube;-AWoc7g7PyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AWoc7g7PyM[/video]

Last edited: