FinalGear Ringmeet 2011: August 12 - 14 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, best Ringmeet ever. I am going to start a thread in photography section where we can all unload our images/videos/reports!

Alright guys, best Ringmeet ever. I am going to start a thread in photography section where we can all unload our images/videos/reports!
Better do it quickly, or I'll beat you to it :p

[Photo post moved here]

Last edited:
Back home. Damn A1 cost me an hour or so.

I finished unpacking (which took longer than expected, since I simply threw the stuff in instead packing it nicely), tent is hanging in the laundry room in the basement to dry, my washing machine is already running, car smells strangely (hope that goes away now all the stuff is out) and has gotten a bit dirty inside.

It was an experience I wouldn't wanna miss, even though most of the time I have been quite ill. I don't know if anybody noticed but I felt like shit, had stomach cramps right from the beginning. For some time I was thinking about driving back home Saturday but I pulled myself together and toughed it out. Sorry for not being very talkative most of the time.

I'm quite tired now. I think I will upload the pics, then get a nice dinner and fall into my bed. Aah... a bed. Sorry, folks, but camping and me just doesn't fit together. If I attend to it next year, I'll join the hotel fags.

Work in Progress Grip, will be online tonight, I just need to sort pictures & videos out.........

Yay, I'm back home, too. :)

The drive home was very good (we set off from the 'ring at about 1300h and picked up two other people), just two 2-minute-jams so everything went smoothly. Tent is in the laundry room to dry (thankfully it was wet but we packed when it was dry so we weren't as wet as the tent).

The meet itself was reeeeally epic, having met four 'mericans (sorry, one 'merican and three texans :p ) and a bunch of other interesting people. :) My car has now two Nordschleifen-laps on it's odo. I'm looking forward for next year, hopefully I can get some days off to stay longer, it's a bit tiring to drive 1200 km in two days...

Me and Speedtouch have made it to Dunkirk after wafting across Europe. Almost got a ferry 4 hours before the one we're booked on but just missed it. We're still on an early ferry though, seems like you can turn up whenever you like.

I've arrived at home at about 7pm, after an unusually long journey due to falling asleep at Schloss R?ttgen.

Me and Speedtouch have made it to Dunkirk after wafting across Europe. Almost got a ferry 4 hours before the one we're booked on but just missed it. We're still on an early ferry though, seems like you can turn up whenever you like.
It has been great fun meeting you too! Have a safe journey!

Yes, it was definitely great to meet the persons behind the nicknames... although I'm still not sure about everyone's identity :lol:

Yes, it was definitely great to meet the persons behind the nicknames... although I'm still not sure about everyone's identity :lol:

The group-photo will be online shortly, with all the names.

Definitely agree on the names front :p

I've just got wifi on the ferry - we've just left Dunkirk and mainland Europe. About another 2 hours on the ferry then 1 hour to my home. Matt will be driving straight back another 2-3 hours home then. :) Anyhow cheers for such an awesome time guys! We'll sort out photos tomorrow :p Hope everyone enjoyed seeing a car with the wheel ON THE CORRECT SIDE. :lol:

Saab blitzes the journey home of course - had fun in Belgium cruising at 90mph :p Back to British roads now though. Shame - I'll miss the Autobahns...

...until next year.

Last edited:
My journey back actually wasn't much fun. Rain all along and lots of returning vacationers with caravans and camper vans. So naturally all lanes were clogged with slowly moving vehicles (slow = 90 - 120 km/h).

The only fun part was, that from Kreuzberg to behind Wuppertal I was driving together with a Porsche Cayenne GTS, which had a Frisian number plate. So we would have ended up together here -- if he didn't have had to pull over for fuel :p

I'm currently exporting footage of my 14 minute ringlap. MXM's lap is next up. :D

I?m home safe as well. Made it here in 3.5 hours, thank god for the A3.

It was fun meeting you guys! Sorry to everyone that wanted to come along for a lap but didn?t end up getting a go, but the eifel weather and my rear brakes failing prematurely once again resulted in only 20 laps this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.