Idiots + cars = LOL

Wasn't there someone (possibly at the start of this thread) who put that stuff in an engine? Maybe I'm thinking of the NOS pillock. :think:

Wasn't there someone (possibly at the start of this thread) who put that stuff in an engine? Maybe I'm thinking of the NOS pillock. :think:
Yeah something like that, it was GSXR rider who put energy drink instead of carb cleaner in the tank...

Yeah something like that, it was GSXR rider who put energy drink instead of carb cleaner in the tank...

Probably not this thread, but I know in another, someone had poured a bottle of NOS Energy Drink into their Honda or some other ricer thinking it was actual nitrous. I think it went alongside the idiot who installed his nitrous system so it would spray into the valve cover.

Any particular reason why the officer didn't try to pull ahead of the pickup and stop it using his own car?

Or why the pickup driver didn't try to use, oh, say, the emergency brake? It's gotta work better than trying to Fred Flintstone it.

How about shutting off the engine?

Most drivers panic when things go pear shaped. I wish driver certification here would mandate emergency situations during the in driving portion of the test.

Just out of curiosity: If it turns out that his brakes were broken due to a lack of maintenance, will he be punished, even when he killed nobody?

Because here that would surely lead to a conviction for "dangerous intervention in traffic" or something like that.

Last edited:
His insurance would find him at fault and that would be the end of it.

His insurance would find him at fault and that would be the end of it.

Then I'd say that apart from the driver's ed problem, it's also a problem of not enforcing the functional reliability of cars enough.

To bad Michigan is a no fault state :lol:
And they have no inspection policy. The dude will get a failure to yield ticket.

Last edited:
How about shutting off the engine?

He probably figured if he shut off the engine, he would lose all steering.

I am a living testament to the fact that a car is harder to steer with the engine off, but you don't lose all steering ability.

(I stalled my dad's pickup while approaching a sharp bend at about 60mph (100km/h). Yes, it was stupid; it was one of those "I'm 18 and immortal" things.)

I doubt it would be that bad even in that pickup. I had a Lincoln Towncar in high school with a dying fuel pump. When it cut out I was able to maneuver the two tones of American mediocrity to the side of the road.

Meh, I had the V-belt snapping in my F150, so lost power steering instantly, got it home the last 3k, and they had ALOT of corners.

You guys make some very good points.

However, you all know enough about cars to know that you can't stop them with your feet. Someone who doesn't even know that much will think that he won't be able to steer with the engine off.

However, you all know enough about cars to know that you can't stop them with your feet.

What?

It doesn't work?

But I saw them do it in 1920's silent movies!!!

What?

It doesn't work?

But I saw them do it in 1920's silent movies!!!

Was that the one with Buster Keaton?

On topic: I am surprised the cop didn't try to get ahead of the truck, in the very least to get cross traffic to yeild. It looked like he tagged that white SUV at the first intersection.

Was that the one with Buster Keaton?

On topic: I am surprised the cop didn't try to get ahead of the truck, in the very least to get cross traffic to yeild. It looked like he tagged that white SUV at the first intersection.
I was thinking the same thing, surely a CVPI could stop a slow moving SUV.

To bad Michigan is a no fault state :lol:
And they have no inspection policy. The dude will get a failure to yield ticket.

He will get much more than that. While inspections are not required, you are required to operate a vehicle safely. Without brakes is definetly a no no. If they failed just before this, he will still get more.

Due to Federal laws mandating crumple zones and some not-so-great decisions made by the Ford design team, the back end of a CVPI isn't anywhere near as solid as the front end. I'd also remind you all of the tendency of the CVPI to have a fuel tank rupture if hit from behind.

Last edited: