Unveiled: 2012 VW Up! official pictures released

It could be worse. Due to the ALL-CAPS nature, he could easily call it the Volkswagen You Pee.

Someone please smother this guy in green sticky rep love? I'm all out.

If it's really cheap, it's alright. I like it - more than the iQ or Aygo (+relatives).

Despite that it would have been so much cooler if it were rear engined and rear drive, I like it. It's a nice little car. I'd be interested to see the local pricing for it.

Frankfurt show: VW Up concepts

The global premiere of the new Volkswagen Up at today?s Frankfurt motor show has been accompanied by a six-strong range of Up-based concepts, including a GT version.
An electric e-Up is also on display alongside a four-door Cross Up, two Up buggys designed for the beach and an Eco-Up with 79g/km Co2 emissions.

Powering the GT Up is 98bhp version of the 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine found in the standard three-door car. VW says the car is in the spirit of the original Golf GTI and promises exceptional performance thanks to its low 900kg kerb weight.
The electric e-Up has been confirmed for production in 2013 and the Frankfurt show car previews the production version. It uses a 60kw electric motor and 18kwh battery pack. It can reach a top speed of 85mph and can travel about 80 miles on a single charge.
The Eco up is powered by a 66bhp 1.0-litre three-cylinder natural gas engine. VW says the car, which features its Bluemotion Technology, is already a production reality. Its ultra-low 79g/km Co2 figure is claimed to be a new best for a natural gas powered car.
The four-door cross up is another car with a production future. VW says the car both previews the imminent four-door Up and shows how it may look when given the rugged ?cross? makeover.
The two buggy concepts have a beach theme. The buggy up takes its inspiration from Beetle-based buggys from California in the 1960s, while the up azzurra is based on a Mediterranean theme. It is the work of designers Giorgetto Giugiaro and Walter de Silva and takes its name from the azzurra sailing team in Italy.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/259166/

vlSms.jpg
KiQG2.jpg
Hsoct.jpg
asWfp.jpg
Volkswagen-13911111212232931600x1060.jpg
IfJVC.jpg

[/SIZE][/B]
Volkswagen-13911111211365261600x1060.jpg
Volkswagen-13911111211373541600x1060.jpg
Volkswagen-13911111211387601600x1060.jpg
Volkswagen-13911111211395421600x1060.jpg

56358210.jpg
86468910.jpg
18c31410.jpg
m1eyun10.jpg

5-door version:

up-concepts55.jpg
up-concepts53.jpg
up-concepts56.jpg
up-concepts58.jpg
up-concepts58b.jpg
up-concepts59.jpg

Notice the rear windows opening mechanism, it's the same Peugeot/Citroen/Toyota uses in the 107/C1/Aygo.

Those kinds of opening windows have been used since the inception of the closed car. Cheap to produce, light and useless at introducing even the slightest breeze over the occupants. I like the Cross Up! It's cute and masculine at the same time, unlike say a Fiat 500.

Last edited:
I can see the electric version selling well in Yorkshire......

And where's the narrow 1+1 version for inner city traffic? The VW Up-Tite!

That would beat the miata in gay car.

Hey, at least gay guys drive Miatas.

Never seen a gay guy in a ragtop Beetle. They're just too damned discerning. :p

No actually most of the guys on the beetle board are straight.

:p

Riiiiight!

:p :mrgreen:

I hate to be that twat, but there's been a Panda Cross, a Panda beach car, an 'eco' one, and a GT.

Ok, I saw one... bland, bland, bland.

An IQ, looks like a Lambo in comparison.