Ferrari unveils the 458 Spider!

MacGeek: That's no suprise it being a Ferrari? :p

Anyway, I like it. It's more targaish than I was expecting, but they made really good job with this, especially when it's not a folding fabric roof but a solid one (which makes the alraedy ugly California look just dreadful). Last open top Ferrari that looked really good was F355 Spider, so it's nice to see them making comeback to good looking Spiders.

I don't like it either. It just looks wrong without a roof.

Obviously Jeremy will jizz himself because "he can hear that glorious noise even more clearly!" :lol:

Obviously Jeremy will jizz himself because "he can hear that glorious noise even more clearly!" :lol:

But he would probably end an eventual review by stating that he wouldn't want to own one.

I wouldn't want one either. Tremendously gorgeous, but not something I'd want to drive. Coupes or removable hard tops for me.

Imagine this exhaust on a spyder:

Last edited:
In terms of looks I prefer the Gallardo Spyder to the 458 Spider (why are they spelled differently, btw?). The 458 looks better as a coupe.

Last edited:
The F50 is hotter on so many more levels though. From the top it looks like an old 70s or 80s sports prototype.

As I see all the people above me almost cumming because of the looks of it, you're properly all going to call me insane, but I don't like it.... At all.... It looks messy and the two "humps" behind the seats are way too much out to the sides... :/

I'm with you and as you can probably tell by my avatar, I'm a big Ferrari fan. The whole mechanism seems like an after thought quickly made to satisfy the Monaco and Miami Vice crowd. I absolutely love the 458 for the purpose-built machine that it is, I feel this version detracts from that. :-/

Ferrari hasn't made a a jaw-dropping drop top since the 355 Spider.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what some of you are on about. With the top up, it looks almost identical to the coupe. And I'm willing to bet that the performance hasn't suffered any either. To me it seems like the perfect Ferrari Spider.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/tomcat/2011/08/29/458spyd.jpg

Of course, I don't think Ferrari has made a good looking car since the 355 or 550 period. But this isn't bad at all.