Touchpad fire sale

Where the heck is Cyberport getting a shipment from by now??? I hope at least you get one, serves the hoarders just right (allthough I had ordered 3 to, but not for resale but for friends to split shipping from UK).

Amazon.co.uk just confirmed to me again they won't get any new stock.

You didn't hear this from me,

Go to best buy on or the day after labor day.

They're getting new shipments from Best Buy's warehouses.

If any Chicago FGers want me to pick them one up, I can try.

Touchpads are in route and we will post a copy of our Bill of Lading as proof hopefully today

This was a 6 hour ago twitter, still no tracking yet.

I played with an Ipad 2 and some kind of other tablet today. I did like the Ipad.

Went to kmart and walmart by school... no dice...off to staples....

Staples had 32 gb models online only. Target = none

Heading home :(

Last edited:

Is this going to be in city or suburban Best Buys? I could go to the one on Clark or the one near Depaul in Bucktown. Both are semi-convenient.

Best Buys are getting shipments almost daily, that's not news nor is it a secret. So far I'm 3 for 4, just waiting for OfficeMax to fulfill the backorder. Sold one 16GB to my friend (made $50), gave a 32GB to my girlfriend, and sold another 32GB to my friend from up north. The last one is going to another friend. But if I can find more I'll get them to hook you guys up.

I'll have to try this if the HP thing doesn't happen, or something doesn't happen this weekend at BB.

I'll be in line regardless haha.

Best Buys are getting shipments almost daily, that's not news nor is it a secret. So far I'm 3 for 4, just waiting for OfficeMax to fulfill the backorder. Sold one 16GB to my friend (made $50), gave a 32GB to my girlfriend, and sold another 32GB to my friend from up north. The last one is going to another friend. But if I can find more I'll get them to hook you guys up.

cheers :D

I thought about getting the touchstone charger yesterday, but after looking at reviews the 25% longer charge time and finicky placement was a no go for me.

I can't believe I plan to go to BB at freakin 3 am.

I thought about getting the touchstone charger yesterday, but after looking at reviews the 25% longer charge time and finicky placement was a no go for me.

From what I've seen on YouTube, it looks amazing. It also helps with my laziness.

Still no tracking number for the T-pad

Wait is that the 64gb white one? I'm jealous. I haven't kept up, is that one "circulating" now or something?

I managed to get a 32 at a Best Buy Tuesday night. My laptop's screen broke two months ago (half of it is "seeable", other half is all...gross), so this is essentially my new computer for awhile. Once they update to editable docs I'll really be set.

The funny thing was when I called the store (it's a pretty low-volume store), he said he had 30 and probably would have some left tomorrow. I highly doubted that, but had to wait an hour before I could leave. Got up there and there was about 6 left. Whew!

I dig it so far. After the ass of an update, it runs pretty fast.

I want the charger, but I honestly have nowhere to put it. A case would get more use from me. I saw my sister's fingerprints all over her touchpad after an hour and needless to say my plastic is still on mine :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah the 1.5 GHz 64GB, still trying to find out if it's the same snapdragon processor. People already overclock they 1.2 to 1.5 and 1.7.

They didn't appear to ship many.

Yeah the 1.5 GHz 64GB, still trying to find out if it's the same snapdragon processor. People already overclock they 1.2 to 1.5 and 1.7.

Nice, where did they get it? Precentral? What's that? Since I got mine I stopped keeping up. Slickdeals probably has 3 million replies by now.

I saw the "test" model that came with Android stock on it too. That was cool.

Last edited:
Prices on eBay have started dropping. Auctions are now ending around the $200 mark. I'll wait some more to see how much further they will drop. Or I'll wait even more and buy one used.