The RC Cars/Planes/Boats/Helis thread

It's cheap, it's adorable, it's well sized, you can buy every part on the truck for next to nothing, there's a plethora of hopups available, and it's a well known brand. I see no reason. Hell, I own one of their 1/18 stadium trucks, and try as I might I couldn't break it, so you should have a blast with that little guy.

The track looks fun. I'll post a video of mine after I add more jumps.

I've been thinking about getting the Losi 1/36 RTR stadium truck. It's just for fun around the house during the upcoming winter months. Anyone here know if its any good or if there are any better alternatives? From what I have seen on YouTube it seems pretty good.

LOSB0230-9.jpg

That would be nice for the winter.

I have the Micro desert truck and its great fun round the house. Tons of upgrades too.

Track is always under development....Jumps are bigger now

Right on. Post some more vids. Are the jumps built by hand or does he have some heavy machinery?

The only problem with the Micro-T is all the carpet fibers wrapping around the driveshafts and gumming up the U-joints.

Apparently they have a habit of stripping out gears as well if you run on carpet for too long.

@Viper: Holy shit! :D

Well, just had a four day weekend, so my brother and I bashed the daylights out of our two Slashes and Rustler. His held up fine....he has the 4x4 "Ultimate" with the aluminum upgrades. My 2WD Slash made it to the final day and finally broke a rear stub axle housing. Oh well, it just gives me an excuse to replace them with aluminum. My Rustler wasn't quite as lucky. Seems a bearing must've given out on the inside of the slipper clutch shaft. There's a bit of slop in the shaft now, which also caused the spur gear to strip out too. The spur is no big deal to replace, but I've never opened up the transmission and stuff on the other side, so I'm a bit nervous about that.

Anyway, we had a blast, and even hit up the track in Green Bay, WI. Nice indoor track (clay short course). Very technical, with tons of fun jumps.

Last edited:
Just put this little video together last night from footage I shot last weekend.

I doubt that jet is good for 380MPH because of radio range issues. I'm thinking more like 200mph.

I doubt that jet is good for 380MPH because of radio range issues. I'm thinking more like 200mph.

Lasers don't lie, although YouTube video descriptions certainly can.

There's lot of other videos on YouTube of planes going that fast or faster though.

Lasers don't lie, although YouTube video descriptions certainly can.

That's precisely why I don't buy 380MPH. There's no shot of the laser gun in the footage showing those kinds of speeds, we just have the uploader's word on it. I've seen that same vid upped by different users quoting anywhere from 200 to 500MPH.

With some good weather coming in over the last week or so I decided to blow the dust off of my DX7, get a new NiMh for it.

Well I also walked out the shop with a few extra LiPo's as well :lol:

Having not flown anything except flight sims for the last 2 or 3 years I pulled out the trusty old super cub and took her for a flight.

All I can say is, I think this was the first time I went through all my batteries and came out with absolutely no damage done to my plane.

4x LiPo's down and 10-15 landings without a single incident. Hell yeah, even with high rates and none of that ACT crap, I was pulling low (Sub 6ft) Loops and Stall turns with out any incidents.

Damn it. I've been suckered in again...

Heh, it's like riding a bicycle. You never do forget. I spent three years not running RCs of any sort, when I went to dust off my CEN(All I had at the time), it was like I had run it the day prior. I didn't even have to think back "Oh, how do I do this? OH THAT'S RIGHT!".

I just stopped in and had another quick (40min) flight on my way to work today.

Attached the Canon IXus to it for some video action. May not have been the best idea, as it weighs down the plane quite significantly, the air deflections also cause some interesting flight characteristics...

Flew a plane for the first time last thursday and now im hooked. Been looking at buying one but not sure where to start. Any suggestions? Ive heard good things about parkzone planes. Also been looking at a DX6i and a decent sim so I can practice. Any suggestions on sims?

I haven't flown mine yet, but I have taxiied it, and assembly was a breeze, so I'd go for a Hobbico NexSTAR. They come in 68" glow ARF(Mine), glow RTF(Comes with a unique Futaba 4YF radio system so you'd have to buy the spektrum gear seperately, Real Flight, a snazzy OS engine, and a bunch of other odds and ends), full size EP RTF, and a park flyer sized EP RTF.

I've got a DX5e transmitter. I like the Spektrum stuff, been using it and an AR6110e on my touring car for a while now. I do intend to use the same transmitter for both so I'll need model memory. I'll trade the DX5e for a DX6i soon enough, then I'll be able to switch between my NTC3 and my NexSTAR at the touch of a button.

Last edited: