What challenges/races would you like to see on future episodes?

Just throw a Corvette into the scene. The soundtrack will take care of itself.

I too don't get the resto mods and pro-touring fads of today. You want a new car? buy one, simple. Stop butchering our classics.

I almost forgot: i've lost alot of respect for Carrol Shelby as of late. And i'm not talking about the sexual harassment allegations. Eleanor GT500E for starters.

Also, what would be the equivalent "White Van Man" in the USA?

Most of those so called "butchered" resto mod classics weren't worth anything to begin with. Most of them were non numbers matching or machines destined for the junk yard. You should be thankful people keep them alive period. Besides isn't that how hot rodding started? Taking an old car putting better stuff on it?

Most of those so called "butchered" resto mod classics weren't worth anything to begin with. Most of them were non numbers matching or machines destined for the junk yard. You should be thankful people keep them alive period. Besides isn't that how hot rodding started? Taking an old car putting better stuff on it?

Not really, hot rodding was about going FASTER! Car didn't have to look good (it had to be unique, but that's different), didn't have to be comfy or practical, but had to be fast. Restos are about looking good. Resto mod guys are mostly "all show, no go". They want the look of an old car, but want AC and ABS. Huh? That's not Hot Rodding, that's saying to the world, I can't drive.

I have no problems cutting up a car, numbers matching or not, but actually hot rod it. Put a big motor in it, some spray or a turbo, throw on bigs and littles and (this is the most important part) DRIVE THE FUCKING THING! The vast majority (but not all) of resto mods are total trailer queens that see little use and no beatings. WTF's the point? And for how much money guys spend on their 350ci powered paint jobs, they can get a new car that's 10x as fast. Never understood it. But hey different strokes I guess.

And yea Shelby's a sell-out. GT500Es and for $99.99 he'll sign your glovebox. Doesn't matter what it is (clone or not), send it to him with a check, and bam! But when you have morons selling Yenko clones for $85,000...........

And a white van man in the US whould be a moving guy, or a "Free Candy salesman!"

EDIT: Come to think of it, the Pro Street movement (before it went to shit in the late 80s/early 90s) was what Hot Rodding was all about. And as much as I hate to say it, as I despise them, so are Rat Rods. Look like shit, but are cheap and fast as hell.

Last edited:
60's vintage muscle cars from brands that no longer exist

Plymouth GTX

Oldsmobile 442

[video=youtube;Cwyer0KP-U0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwyer0KP-U0[/video]

AMC AMX

I'd like to see them all go head to head with each other, and head to head with some more modern cars. Since Pontiac no longer exists, maybe a modern GTO (Monaro) could be used, along with the new Mustang and the new Camaro.

Edit: Or just a Challenger. And yes, I know that technically, the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger are all pony cars, but there aren't really any modern equivalents that I can think of other than those.

Further Edit: I thought I'd also add, I picked the cars that I did because of their soundtracks.

Last edited:
Another idea, now that the show is focusing on cheap car challenges, is the 24 Hours of LeMons race. The hosts could work this basically the same as TGUK did their endurance race with the biodiesel BMW. And maybe we'd get some Stig time!

The 24 Hours of LeMons (for those who might not know) is that a team can bring in a car that is only worth $500 dollars (this total does not include the required safety devices) and race for, well, 24 hours. There is a whole series of these throughout the year. There is more details, but I won't go into them here. Check the link instead: http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

I'm too lazy to really think of the details, but they need to do a college episode -- maybe doing challenges on a campus (moving dorm furniture, hauling kegs of "refreshments," etc.) and then culminating with a drive to a rival campus for a big football game and doing a tailgating challenge (convert your car into a tailgating setup for the game, points awarded for # of people who attend your party the next day) or maybe a twist on the TGUK US special with "decorate your opponent's car in a manner to attract anger from the rival school" and leave them parked on the rival's campus overnight (points awarded for damage that the car takes from passing students / fans).

Not really, hot rodding was about going FASTER! Car didn't have to look good (it had to be unique, but that's different), didn't have to be comfy or practical, but had to be fast. Restos are about looking good. Resto mod guys are mostly "all show, no go". They want the look of an old car, but want AC and ABS. Huh? That's not Hot Rodding, that's saying to the world, I can't drive.

I have no problems cutting up a car, numbers matching or not, but actually hot rod it. Put a big motor in it, some spray or a turbo, throw on bigs and littles and (this is the most important part) DRIVE THE FUCKING THING! The vast majority (but not all) of resto mods are total trailer queens that see little use and no beatings. WTF's the point? And for how much money guys spend on their 350ci powered paint jobs, they can get a new car that's 10x as fast. Never understood it. But hey different strokes I guess.

And yea Shelby's a sell-out. GT500Es and for $99.99 he'll sign your glovebox. Doesn't matter what it is (clone or not), send it to him with a check, and bam! But when you have morons selling Yenko clones for $85,000...........

And a white van man in the US whould be a moving guy, or a "Free Candy salesman!"

EDIT: Come to think of it, the Pro Street movement (before it went to shit in the late 80s/early 90s) was what Hot Rodding was all about. And as much as I hate to say it, as I despise them, so are Rat Rods. Look like shit, but are cheap and fast as hell.

Umm what cars did they "hot rod"? Ohh that's right old cars that they could afford!!!!!! becuase no one could afford to buy a new car and do what needed to be done to make it faster. Every car has it's place. Trailer queen, DD or what ever. It's what matters to the OWNER not some random dude.

Come on, keep the ideas coming! How about a three way race to the top of Pike's Peak. Sure, Tanner will probably win but it could be fun to watch.

Or how about an episode about a road race using only motorcycles? Poison on TGUK, but this is the land of Harley Davidson!

Or an RV off road rally. Similar to Hammond's bus race.

Or an RV off road rally. Similar to Hammond's bus race.

Choose the next class of NYC Taxis. Since the CV is going bye-bye, see which car is best between a FWD Sedan, a mini-van, a SUV, a Van, and a Truck.

Guest drivers include a bunch of douchebags (Ken Block, Travis Pastrami, etc.).

Last edited:
Inspired by TGROK's brilliant debut episode, how about this: get sports cars from countries that aren't known for producing them (a Spirra, a Mastretta when it reaches metal, and I'm sure someone can suggest another), then either road test them against an American sports car, or give one to each of the boys to try to hot-rod, then compare the results.

And they can do it RIGHT! Unlike another automobile program I will not mention here.

I'd love to see the US boys do LeMons. And yeah, they'd do it much better, I'm thinking. :nod:

I'm too lazy to really think of the details, but they need to do a college episode -- maybe doing challenges on a campus (moving dorm furniture, hauling kegs of "refreshments," etc.) and then culminating with a drive to a rival campus for a big football game and doing a tailgating challenge (convert your car into a tailgating setup for the game, points awarded for # of people who attend your party the next day) or maybe a twist on the TGUK US special with "decorate your opponent's car in a manner to attract anger from the rival school" and leave them parked on the rival's campus overnight (points awarded for damage that the car takes from passing students / fans).

Of course, the big thing would be which rivalry they'd showcase. Maybe the annual Army vs. Navy game?

Of course, the big thing would be which rivalry they'd showcase. Maybe the annual Army vs. Navy game?

Army / Navy is good, but I think you'd want a more traditional college campus to do challenges on. Maybe Ohio State / Michigan -- though the drive from Ann Arbor to Columbus is only about 3 hours or so.

Texas / Oklahoma would be a good choice -- 6 hour drive between Austin and Norman.

Or, if you wanted to have some fun, you could do Florida v. Georgia at the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party in Jacksonville -- drive from Athens to Gainsville and then on to Jacksonville.

I thought of Army/Navy first because that's one of the oldest, long-standing rivalries and one most people know about, even ones like me who don't really follow college football that closely.

You do have a good point, though. :)

Pizza and Storage are good ideas but whats up with the mustang hate? You get stuck in one of those fugly new "camaro's" and now your jealous of the mustangs or something? damn. Also, whats with all the hate overall, you from cali? ;)

Dude, now what's with your hate? I'm from So Cal and I love my 'stang!

And hey, you know what? I'm seeing Camaro vs. Mustang right here on this forum, and it's something that's just not big in the UK. Personally, I'd love to see a Camaro vs. Mustang track test (modern ones, no beaters). We can clearly see on this very board that there is some heat going on there. And why not make it a Camaro vs. Mustang vs. Challenger? Yes, I know the Challenger is crap, but that way everyone could have a car.

P.S. PLEASE disagree with me about the Challenger thing, that way, people will see that this episode needs to be done!

P.P.S. Aw crap, I was reading up on the forum rules and realized my mistake. Please forgive me for my infraction! :(

Last edited: