Most distracting audience member

Well, I found lovely lad's female doppelganger:

S11_Ep5_highlydisturbing.jpg

Ok, here's my first *real* photo. Most everyone has seen or heard of vibrating seat girl, who graciously tested out Clarkson's vibrating car seat. But...there was another girl standing right beside her who was, in my opinion, far more attractive and distracting:

Girl4.jpg

Girl4andvibratorgirl.jpg

I thought that was Massage Seat Tester Girl in one of those caps!

One of the things that utterly puzzles me is TG's habit of bringing enormously attractive ladies to the front of the set, yet not getting them in the shot or not lighting them. Sometimes you see them only in the hard panning shots as they move from set to set, or in the shadows. Other times they hide them just behind other audience members that they clearly wouldn't have chosen to be obvious in the shot. Wouldn't you think that if the PA's go to all the trouble of rounding them up and moving them up, that someone would tell the lighting and camera crew to get them lit and in the shot?

Here's an example of this from Series 11, episode 3. This is an inarguably beautiful woman who is...completely unlit. She's right behind and to Clarkson's right, in what is normally one of the prime placement positions for distracting audience members. If you watch the episode, you'll see she has a companion who is nearly equally as lovely (and, yeah, I know beauty is subjective and personal, etc. etc...), and both of them are criminally in the shadows for the entire duration of the segment.

S11_Ep3_Girl7photo4.jpg
S11_Ep3_Girl7photo3.jpg
S11_Ep3_Girl7photo2.jpg

S11_Ep3_Girls7and9photo2.jpg

I have a question for those of you who are British. Who teaches your females how to dress? If the women on Top Gear are at all representative of British women at large, there exists virtually no semblance of fashion knowledge anywhere on your island. Dreadful woolen scarves (why, exactly, do so many women over there wear these hideous things?, bulk, oddly shaped and sized parkas, ridiculous knee high boots, sweater dresses, it's the 70's gone amok. Even the prettiest of ladies are guilty of this. Why? Most would be better off just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Instead, they appear to have been dressed by blind Ozzies. Can someone explain this phenomenon to me?

Reactions: MWF
Little-known fact: they are all men, hiding their adam's apples.

:james: : Let's move it on ... To the glittering, star-studded, TopGear awards for motoring achievement, 2008!

:jc: : And the first award is for the best pair of breas....

:hamster: : No it's not that...

:jc: : I was gonna say the first award is for the best pair of breasts we've had on the studio and they're ...

:jc: : It's alright you get runner up ! You get runner up !

Last edited:
I have a question for those of you who are British. Who teaches your females how to dress? If the women on Top Gear are at all representative of British women at large, there exists virtually no semblance of fashion knowledge anywhere on your island. Dreadful woolen scarves (why, exactly, do so many women over there wear these hideous things?, bulk, oddly shaped and sized parkas, ridiculous knee high boots, sweater dresses, it's the 70's gone amok. Even the prettiest of ladies are guilty of this. Why? Most would be better off just wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Instead, they appear to have been dressed by blind Ozzies. Can someone explain this phenomenon to me?

There are two explanations for this, they are: British women have no fashion sense, or, it's bloody cold in that hangar in the middle of winter and anyone who has been before knows that unless they're wearing about six layers they are going to freeze to death. I'll let you pick.

Reactions: MWF

You forgot the closing bracket. Therefore I cannot reply !

There are two explanations for this, they are: British women have no fashion sense, or, it's bloody cold in that hangar in the middle of winter and anyone who has been before knows that unless they're wearing about six layers they are going to freeze to death. I'll let you pick.
It doesn't get cold enough anywhere in England to justify this statement! If the hangar were in Scotland, perhaps you'd have a point - but it's near bloody London!

And that still doesn't explain the incredibly daft clothing choices made by ladies of all ages, and all physical descriptions. Layers upon layers of mismatched colors, jackets with 12,748 fasteners, dresses that were rejected during filming of the Stepford Wives, etc. I am hoping against hope that I will not be asked to provide examples, but I will if I must.

I keep hoping someone will enter this thread and provide some evidence that this is a phenomenon peculiar to Top Gear and is not representative of British women in general. Because I'm greatly concerned this could sour Anglo-American relations.

Not an audience member... Definitely distracting.

Last edited:
You make my case so eloquently. Beautiful lady, trapped in clothes so ugly one feels compelled to set her alight.

WRONG! This was filmed in France and although the guy is British looking at her face shape she is quite clearly of East European origin and almost certainly a trophy wife, probably his second or even third marriage.

And while, since I am at work and need to be getting on with stuff I don't have the time to respond properly to all your comments about the women of this fair island, I will merely ask that you stop with the insults.

Enjoy your red blobs.