Random Thoughts....

It constantly amazes me how retarded some of the cab drivers at Sydney airport are.... Queuing is not in their vocabulary!

I installed Sim City 3000 yesterday evening; it wasn't until 1:08 am that I realized five hours had passed by, such is the curse of that game. And to top it off, I awoke at 5:30 am.
Yay! Somebody else still plays games from the last millennium!

I share your pain. My team can even be leading at the end of the third quarter by a significant amount, and as soon as I turn on the game, they end up losing.

And Spring is here. My car is now covered in yellow pollen.

You sound like an Essendon supporter. They usually seem to give up in the final 20 minutes, although to their credit they did manage to hang on and just beat out Port earlier this evening...:p

God damn weather, kept me up all night.

It's calmed down now (45mph wind speed, 60mph gusts) but last night it was dire. I swear every single last roof tile was banging around just above my head, not to mention the window rattling, the house making ominous creaking noises, the tree across the street going mental and the actual wind noise itself. <_<

Jay said:
I installed Sim City 3000 yesterday evening; it wasn't until 1:08 am that I realized five hours had passed by, such is the curse of that game. And to top it off, I awoke at 5:30 am.

Such a great game, I was always crap at it though. I'd generally have failed by the time I reached the five hour mark! :lol:

And, of course, if they're using the car as cover, they're doing it wrong. They're at the "easily penetrated through-and-through by bullets" end. Looks like someone's already holed the rear windscreen and rear passenger window, too, so I don't think it's armored.

Sometimes its more about not being seen than being armoured.

Somebody sent me a link to Operation Pastorius, a German plot for Nazi agents in America to commit acts of terrorism within its borders. It didn't work:

"Before the mission launched, it was in danger of being compromised, as George Dasch, head of the team, left sensitive documents behind on a train and one of the agents announced to patrons of a Paris bar that he was a secret agent after becoming intoxicated."

Archer.jpg

LANA!!!!!!!!!!

I share your pain. My team can even be leading at the end of the third quarter by a significant amount, and as soon as I turn on the game, they end up losing.
Mine have lost all of their last three inside the last ten minutes of each of the matches :mad:

I don't think so.
You get any sort of hit? We mostly lost leaves and the fence tipped over a bit, but they did a shitty job sticking it in the ground and that has happened before, so it is not that surprising. Now we are having a pleasant breeze.

Trees fell down down the street overthe green line tracks and a few other branches fell down. i haven't checked on my car yet but it's probably fine. Irene sucked at being a hurricane.

it wasn't even a hurricane when it got here, just a tropical storm. What lame overhype.

Grad school is tough! I'm currently reading 300 pages if incredibly dense overview of obscure communication theories in the past 30 years.

You should be glad it was just overhype.

it wasn't even a hurricane when it got here, just a tropical storm. What lame overhype.

(posted 4 days ago)This hurricane may a be a bit overdone; ever since Katrina news outlets have tried to make any hurricane the worst the United States has ever seen.

:dunno:

I am sure the Weather Channel is grateful that everyone spent time on their website and channel so those ads they run every seven minutes are seen many, MANY times.

And THAT is why news channels blow everything out of proportion.

Quick promo, my Sherlock design shirt is on othertees.com if you want one :D

It's a mashup of Sherlock and Lock, Stock and Two smoking barrels

Just listed my first ever item on eBay. I'm praying that it sells! :dunno:

If it's an HP Touchpad for 200$ imma come at you bro :p

:lol: Its my Motorola Droid 2. My BlackBerry Bold 9930 will be on its way to me soon, I need to unload this Droid.

edit: I know I'm going to be checking eBay every 10 seconds. This will not be good..

Last edited:
Sometimes its more about not being seen than being armoured.

Then it's concealment - but if I saw a bunch of guys running to "cover" behind a car, I'd see about ventilating the car in short order. The only parts of most cars that are resistant to weapons fire are the engine/transmission and maybe the wheels.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/thebuickotruth.htm

Cars are not cover, cars are giant bullet magnets.

Last edited:
Unless covered in Telephone Books a la Mythbusters, but even then rifles will fire ammo that will penetrate.

Last edited: