EPL 2011/12 Thread - English Premier League

It's not. Every game he played he made at least one major mistake. You could of course put that down to lack of first team play, but then again there is a reason why he is not first on the list of defenders. Actually, he was pretty much last choice.

It's not. Every game he played he made at least one major mistake. You could of course put that down to lack of first team play, but then again there is a reason why he is not first on the list of defenders. Actually, he was pretty much last choice.

I really do despair at a lot of United fans. What don't you understand about the concept of squad players? Brown was a squad player, not a first team player. That doesn't make him shit, in the same way that O'Shea wasn't shit and a "fucking liability". The quality of our squad players is what has kept United at the top for 20 years, not the quality of the first team. You don't play for United for more than a decade by being shit and a "fucking liability".

I get O'Shea, never had a problem with him. Brown on the otherhand I have struggled with for a few years now. Think he should have been sold years ago simply because I don't rate him good enough. I appreciate that he is a squad player and very loyal, but when you are on the pitch you also have to perform. On a team like United you can't aford too many mistakes, while Brown has done many. He has done a lot of brilliant stuff as well, but the mistakes more than offset the good he has done. I want top quality and sadly brown isnt it. Had high hopes about him 10 or so years ago and accepted the mistakes he made because he was a young player and had a lot of potensial. He ain't young anymore, but he still makes horrific mistakes way too often. If I remember correctly he scored an own goal the last game saw him play ffs! I am really glad to see him gone now.

You know what. I don't even want to talk about it anymore. I think the MLS season is still going on. :cry:

Sunday, 21 August 2011

Bolton 2-3 Man City
Norwich 1-1 Stoke
Wolverhampton 2-0 Fulham

Saturday, 20 August 2011

Arsenal 0-2 Liverpool
Aston Villa 3-1 Blackburn
Chelsea 2-1 West Brom
Everton 0-1 QPR

Sunderland 0-1 Newcastle
Swansea 0-0 Wigan

Sunday:
Bolton v. City was a cracking match, which impressed me how well Man C played, they were lively and aggressive and got a fair result.

As soon as I heard that Norwich had scored, I knew this match would end in a draw. Draw with Stoke away is a good result, at home not really.

Wolves were leading the top flight league for a couple of hours, first time since 1962 according to the BBC's MotD, Fulham looked a bit pre-season. *shrugs* Not as good as they can be.

Saturday:
I will let the many Gunners fans here on FG to comment their loss to Liverpool.

Emile scores for the Villa, public holiday in Birmingham. Yay!
Aston Villa, despite selling their best players in the last year, still look a bit good.

AVB gets his first home win at Chelsea with Torres looking better, a poor defensive move by Alex gave the Baggies an early lead which Chelsea pegged back, then went on to a deserved win. Good effort from WBA, Chelsea were too good as usual.

Rookie team QPR get their first away win at Everton, there will not be that many days like that for them. The Toffees looked a bit sticky.

Some football broke out in the North East derby, not too bad really and Newcastle deserved the win, sort of. Joey Barton was his usual charming self.

The EPL played its first match in another country called Wales. Not a great match, scoreless draw, which was better result for the ex-Swans manager than the home team.

Man U and Spurs play on Monday.

:)

EDIT:

Monday 22 August, 2010

Man Utd. 3 - 0 Spurs

(Any Spurs fans on FG?)

Last edited:
Pretty even first half, but the second half was very nice to watch from United eyes:) A deserved win and another 3 points in the bag:)

Look on the bright side gunners fans. Now you got 2 weeks of were you can go out get drunk and forget all about it. Also time to get some of your injured players back:)

8-2 :rofl: :lmao:

wenger%20troll%20face%2001.jpg

I can't wait to see Arsenal win the Championship trophy next year!

I can't wait to see Arsenal win the Championship trophy next year!

:lol: I admire your silver lining approach!

Seriously, that was surreal. I know Arsenal is plagued with lack of manpower, but still. Hopefully they can bounce back quickly. They're my favorite (and most respected rivals), and a Premiership race just isn't the same without the Gunners in the mix.

Yeah, a race between Scumchester 1, Scumchester 2 and Chelski sounds depressing to me. I do hope Liverpool will be able to hang on.

Sunday, 28 August 2011

Man Utd 8-2 Arsenal
Newcastle 2-1 Fulham
Tottenham 1-5 Man City
West Brom 0-1 Stoke

Saturday, 27 August 2011

Aston Villa 0-0 Wolverhampton
Blackburn 0-1 Everton
Chelsea 3-1 Norwich
Liverpool 3-1 Bolton

Swansea 0-0 Sunderland
Wigan 2-0 QPR

Not going to say much about Arsenal, but in the words of Alan Hansen, "comedy defending."

The Magpies got a good win against Fulham in a messy kind of game.

Spurs werent at their best really, but Dzeko was amazing scoring four. Who was that guy last season? Man C look a better at teamplay this season.

A still goaless WBA got pipped at the end by a late goal by the Potters, not loooking so good for Hodgson.

Chelsea got a bit of a shock and looked a bit out of sorts, but still got the win against Norwich. (Major goalkeeping error by Hilario, come back Cech.)

Liverpool looked good against Bolton, not quite back to their best yet, but better than last season. (Not so difficult, in truth.)

:)