Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Challenger

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • I hate all Muscle/Pony cars

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
Wow, hang on a second here. We all don't know that the Challenger is crap. In fact, I think it is the closest thing to the muscle cars of the late 60's/early 70's.

Agreed. For a cruiser the Challenger seems like a great car. It's meant to be comfy and to go fast in a straight line.

I've said it before.
The Monaro, or Pontiac GTO in America.
The older the model the better in my opinion

Without any doubt what so ever, it will have to be the Mustang, preferably the new Boss 302...

[video=youtube;-REiMvxxamA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-REiMvxxamA[/video]

Could also add a Roush supercharger for good measure... :D

Last edited:
I don't think that the Challenger is in the same class as the Mustang or Camaro. It's a different kind of car. Sure, they're all available with a V8 and all have a retro style/theme, but the Challenger is supposed to be a powerful, comfortable cruiser--while the Mustang and Camaro are more "sports car" than "muscle car" in their latest iterations. This is backed up by the Challenger's price difference, and the fact that the V6 model offers no performance (or MT) whatsoever (unlike the Mustang and Camaro). It's barely the same segment.

That said, the new Mustang simply outclasses the Camaro in every way. And as pretty as the Challenger is, it's just WAY to big for my taste. Having sat in both the Mustang and Camaro, I found the Mustang's interior to be nicer, and better laid out. The one I sat in also had all the cool interior lighting gimmicks. The Camaro is a mess, and visibility is atrocious compared to most cars--even worse compared to the Mustang. Add that to the clear performance advantage of the Mustang (based on road tests from auto-journalists), and the choice seems clear to me.

Also, I'd much rather be in the car from the failed Night Rider reboot than the mind-melting-ly dumb Transformers movies.

I don't think that the Challenger is in the same class as the Mustang or Camaro. It's a different kind of car. Sure, they're all available with a V8 and all have a retro style/theme, but the Challenger is supposed to be a powerful, comfortable cruiser--while the Mustang and Camaro are more "sports car" than "muscle car" in their latest iterations. This is backed up by the Challenger's price difference, and the fact that the V6 model offers no performance (or MT) whatsoever (unlike the Mustang and Camaro). It's barely the same segment.

You're right - the Challenger is actually more of a traditional muscle car than the others. Mustang and Camaro both are more well-rounded performers. The Challenger is more about looking good on Cruise Night and racing from stoplight to stoplight. The V6 version is like the original 318 V8 powered car. Adequate, but that's all.

I voted with my wallet:

3369605b.jpg

Though if I could afford brand new, there'd be a Plum Crazy Challenger R/T Classic in my driveway...

Depends on what your definition of "best" is. I think the Challenger is the best looking of the bunch, it looks exactly like a muscle car should look. I think the Mustang is the best value and best bang for the buck. I looked at the Camaro, and I guess Generic Motors is still paying off their government loan because they wouldn't budge on price. I also considered the SRT8, which is the only Challenger model that is actually close in performance to the Mustang GT or the Camaro SS but it is $45000. So I ended up buying the Mustang 5.0. $36000 sticker, drove it home for $29500. You just can't get that kind of power for that kind of money anywhere else. And for the people (especially the Camaro fans)who would argue that the Mustang is no good because it doesn't have an independent rear suspension, they are just grasping at straws, the performance numbers speak for themselves.

I am a Mustang person (hence the name "Sik-Pony"). Its is, IMO, the true american Pony car.

And yes, the AMG, in any form, IS a muscle car. Its a big rear wheel drive V8 or bigger sometimes with a Blower. How is that not a muscle car. The problem with this thread is it should be 2 seperate threads. Pony cars and Muscle cars are different things all together.

And yes, the AMG, in any form, IS a muscle car. Its a big rear wheel drive V8 or bigger sometimes with a Blower. How is that not a muscle car.

Somehow the OP seems to think that price tag is the deciding factor for a muscle car.

I find that hard to believe, a C63 AMG here is ?109,000. While I know our car prices are bonkers, 3 times the US price? WTH?

*edit: A C180 BlueEfficiency is ?35,000 here.

I just looked at the prices for a C63 sedan in the US, Netherlands and Australia, and sure enough, you guys pay about 3x what we would in the US.
Netherlands - 109,000 Euro - ~155,000 USD
Australia - ~170,000 AUD - ~181,000 USD
US - $58,000 USD

I just looked at the prices for a C63 sedan in the US, Netherlands and Australia, and sure enough, you guys pay about 3x what we would in the US.
US - $58,000 USD

just don't forget, that prices in the rest of the world include taxes. netherlands and australia are actually quite well kown for the fact that cars have high tax rating. anyway, a c63 cost in germany around 70k ?. without taxes (19%) thes price would be around 56k ?. the next think you have to considert, that the german version has better quaility control and better cooling then the us version, because in german think, that people in us don't need that. actually, were i work, 90% of the parts that don't pass the quaility control for the german market get shipped to usa :lol: .
this leads normally to the conclusion, that cars in the rest of the world are actually not that much more expensive then in the usa. anyway, mazda mx-5 for example are cheaper in germany ...

The Challenger (I've heard, don't know) has a nice interior, but it isn't good at racing from stoplight to stop light, because both the Mustang and the Camaro are faster in a straight line. If all you wanted was a comfy, good looking car, but weren't interested in actually driving, the Challenger is for you. The base model Challenger (the V6) doesn't even have the option of a manual. I might get a Challenger sort of thing later on, as a second or third car (here's hoping I can afford that) because it if comfy, easy to drive with the auto, and more spacious. It would be for days when I'm just tired, and want to get home. It wouldn't be the Challenger though, the Charger is the exact same thing, but bigger, with more room, and twice as many doors. If I were to just have one car (as I do now) it would be the Mustang. It's easier to drive (because of visibility) than the Camaro, and is faster. It also is comfortable enough and spacious enough to make it an everyday car. There is no reason (other than a love for that styling, which I can't blame you for) that I can think of for buying the Challenger instead of something else.

Kick ass car. I really wanted one of those then GM killed Pontiac. Do they still make the Monaro in Australia?
Nope, no Monaro, but we do still make the car you got as the G8.

US - $58,000 USD

The C63 actually costs about AU$150,000, so about US$160,000. Still ridiculous, mind.

Mercedes = Muscle Car??

Mercedes = Muscle Car??

C63 AMG is a muscle car.

Only an American Car can be a Muscle Car.

c63 is a ca for pussies who like to get their make up ready and chat on the cell during the ride.
Why not get a driver and seat in the back???