edmunds Inside Line: Jaguar C-X16 Concept Breaks Cover Ahead of 2011 Frankfurt Auto

Not bad looking. Getting a bit of Maserati GT vibe from the front.

Damn, that think looks sweet.

I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks that requires a good, comfortable long-distance cruiser (lots of highway driving with some urban miles thrown in). I like the idea of a hybrid like this, which will save me some gas on the front and back ends of trips but still has the go for the distances I have to travel on highways. Yeah, I know I can get a Lexus hybrid, but...well, it's a Lexus. What I really need is something like this system attached to an XF. If Jag can put this thing into production, it might trickle down into their line. All I want them to do is to leave the XJ alone.

The back is nice, the rest is meh. And I think Sir Lyons would just hate that giant gaping smiley front grille opening.

I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks that requires a good, comfortable long-distance cruiser (lots of highway driving with some urban miles thrown in). I like the idea of a hybrid like this, which will save me some gas on the front and back ends of trips but still has the go for the distances I have to travel on highways. Yeah, I know I can get a Lexus hybrid, but...well, it's a Lexus. What I really need is something like this system attached to an XF. If Jag can put this thing into production, it might trickle down into their line. All I want them to do is to leave the XJ alone.

You might be able to go to a km or two on the electric motors, but that would be hugely ambitious.

It could be a step towards their eventual electric turbine.

Yeah, that's having a few issues... it's a bad sign when you need a drip tray under the car to catch parts of the engine bay rather than oil.

Last edited:
I have to say this looks fantastic, props to Jaguar...

In my opinion the styling is strongly influenced by the E-type; Especially the rear end, and how the roof line is tapered down to meet the bumper and the rear lights. The side profile is classic Jag coupe, shorter in it's stance than the E-type, much like the XK, still featuring the D-shaped rear-side-windows. The bonnet is classic E-type/XK style, as with most new Jags, the front is also dominated by the classic Jaguar styling, though more aggressive. Where it deviates from the E-type styling is the grille, which is more trapezoidal than oval, which I think is ok. What isn't is the side fender vents, they are a typical Aston Martin design cue, and looks out of place on a Jag, in my opinion. My favorite view is the elevated rear 3/4-view, looks fantastic.

1960290355261704503.jpg

2147396658939492607.jpg

19477578841542996286.jpg

Also, side hinged rear hatch, just like the E-type:

383040035324926519.jpg

Now, after all this modernistic retro exterior styling, I'm not so sure about the interior. Seems like it comes from a completely different car somehow... :hm:

15553507361285499271.jpg

17620073091374215534.jpg

As for the power train, we can only wait and see. The KERS-style hybrid system sounds interesting, especially with how they integrated it into the transmission, but somehow I don't see that making it to production for the first batch, maybe later for the facelift. Also, despite being all-aluminium, if the estimate of about 1600 kg is right, that's a bit on the porky side...

More pics in high res here...

The hybrid portion of the vehicle ruins the whole.

Yeah and the KERS system ruined F1. :rolleyes:

I love the look of this model; mush less Aston, much more Jag. The tail is reminiscent of the old E-Type, for one thing.

Yeah and the KERS system ruined F1. :rolleyes:

In this case less would be more. Dump the "hybrid" system and keep the 6. I am not a fan of making automobiles even more complicated and heavy than they are now.

It looks fantastic to be honest. It has all the curves in the right places.

Something about the front end just looks wrong to me. The mouth is too low. It's like the car's dragging its chin on the road. If it were just a bit taller, or the nose a bit shorter (with the mouth set higher up), it would be fantastic. But that little detail ... meh.

It doesn't look too bad in grey.

nissan-370z.jpg

Doesn't look to good either. Never liked it.

Saw an official advertisment for it, still looks like the concept but does that mean an official production date will be announced soon?