Final Gear Top Tip

I had to siphon the washer fluid out of Kiki's new Taurus because the sprayers kept freezing up.

The weird thing is that we got the car from Idaho, quite a bit north of Salt Lake.

Top Tip: " Keep it calm with the new clutch; it's the same car and eventually you'll get used to it after a while" ;)

Hah, my new clutch didn't feel any different but that's more likely due to it being like a tractor anyway and it wasn't replaced because it was worn out. The plates had welded themselves together with rust. :roll:

Have a screw or bolt that you just can't get undone? Try tightening it slightly then loosening. This little trick has saved me lots of times working on C-130s and it's a tip I wish I would have known about years ago.

Not automotive related:

When browsing real estate listings, beware the words "Cute" "Cozy" "Adorable" or "Charming" in real estate descriptions.
They mean "Fucking Weird" "Fucking Small" or "What the Fuck was the decorator thinking?!"

You forgot "A great starter home" means it needs a shit ton of work.

If you own a convertible, never park it top down on a high-pollen day. Your interior will get dusty. Very.

If you let your 8 year old son back the car out of the driveway, make sure he knows which pedal is which... Not just where drive and reverse are. >.>

Want to detail the engine compartment? Spray everything with super clean or simple green let it set for about 5 minutes. Rinse and repeat until your happy. Then use your favorite tire shine on all the plastic and rubber and that compt will look new again. Aside from any corrosion that was there to begin with.

When loosening a battery terminal with a wrench, do not let it hit the strut tower brace which seems to have no purpose other than to be in the right place at the right time to complete the circuit. Sparks will fly, and your wrench will have a melted dent where it hits the brace.

Remove the negative terminal first and you won't have that problem.

On a very hot day after your car had been baked in the sun and the interior is very very hot,
first open the passenger side window,
then open and close the driver's side door 5-6 times and feel the difference.
It won't turn from an oven to a fridge, but at least you wont die of heat.

never allow pens on the back of the car , where it is frequented by children under 6 . NEVER !

You can save on insurance, winter tyres and trips to garage by not having a car!
This will also spare you of the troubles of relationships and sex.

Have a screw or bolt that you just can't get undone? Try tightening it slightly then loosening. This little trick has saved me lots of times working on C-130s and it's a tip I wish I would have known about years ago.

I've started doing that alot, if it's REALLY stuck, it takes a couple tries of tighten, loosen, tighten, loosen, tighten, heat it up, fucking crank on it.

FGTP: if you drive a 9th gen F150 and your ABS light blinks 16 times, you've blown the fuse that is used for your brake lights/hazard lights. The fuse just above the big ass silver fuse thing in the middle. I forget the fuse position number.