Random Thoughts....

Random Thoughts....

#justwhitepeoplethings

Judging by a number of *black* family photos I've seen from the SE, it's not just a white thing. Looks like it's a regional photographer thing.

Nice of you to jump to that racist assumption, though.

Must be a southern thing.

Only for some parts of the south, never seen it in Texan photography and only extremely rarely in Louisianan photos, and I don't recall seeing it in Floridian family photography except for ones set on a beach (where it makes sense),

I heard he deliberately does that in his shows.
For all I care, he can die in a fire.

He does that on many of his albums, too. The audio engineers have their work cut out to make him intelligible for the recording. As a performer, I find him ridiculously overrated; I had free tickets to a Dylan show back in the 90s and I found myself wanting a refund for my time.

Last edited:
Tommy+Hilfiger+SS14+Advertising+Image_online+use.jpg

The best-known family photo shows people wearing shoes even on the beach.

- - - Updated - - -

While plenty a liberal would classify Jay's post as "everyday racism", there's no need to get out the big guns here, I think.

Tommy+Hilfiger+SS14+Advertising+Image_online+use.jpg

The best-known family photo shows people wearing shoes even on the beach.

- - - Updated - - -

While plenty a liberal would classify Jay's post as "everyday racism", there's no need to get out the big guns here, I think.

Wasn't that Hilfiger ad shot in a studio? I seem to recall reading that it was.

As for the latter? That wasn't the big guns. :evil:

Only for some parts of the south, never seen it in Texan photography...

One of the first times I had ever seen it was from a family who live in Dallas.

In other news, my green bean plant has grown over 8 feet tall so I built him a teepee out of large pine branches and named him Beanaldo.

beanaldo.jpg

One of the first times I had ever seen it was from a family who live in Dallas.

Didn't say it didn't exist, but it's certainly not anywhere near common here that I can tell. I (unfortunately) get to see a lot of family photos the course of business around here (desks, homes) and I've never seen one that was taken in Texas with the subjects barefoot not on a beach or in an aquatic setting.

That said, I *have* seen a lot of really oddly staged family photos. Hint to people with families: family photos with a theme are often *horrible* things you really shouldn't display to other people so please don't do them in the first place. :p

Last edited:
Wasn't that Hilfiger ad shot in a studio? I seem to recall reading that it was.
It's a glossy big-budget fashion ad. Of course it was shot in a studio! :p

He is from Texas, big guns are always? the answer.

Woohoo - can't wait! We'll be out of town the weekend of July 24th for another motorcycle trip, but we'll be back by July 28th. :)
EEEEEEXCELLENT.

Bought an asian style top on ebay. It arrived today, and Dad brought it home tonight. So I just tried it on. Done up the zip, snaps and the frogs (those decorative ribbon loop/knot things). Me likes.

Now for the life of me, I can't get them undone again. I'm stuck.
The one sitting on my collarbone is in a spot that even if I tilt my head to look down, all my chins get in the way and I can't see anything.

Judging by a number of *black* family photos I've seen from the SE, it's not just a white thing. Looks like it's a regional photographer thing.

You know, only you would take something I said in jest and spin it around to your ends, sounding the social justice warrior you more than likely abhor.

Go fuck yourself, Spectre. You are mainly the reason I have been partially absent on this board. Everything to you is something political to spin to your own ends, endlessly parsing the the words until you win. You have sucked the fun out of here by making it your own personal playground. By people resounding to you, you remain relevant...it's like you are a plague, a virus jumping from host to host.

I am not going to put you on ignore, because by doing that, you win.

Last edited:
Oh, I don't care about that. As long as I don't have to put up with his bile, I'll be less jaded. He may think he's won, but he'd be wrong.

You know, only you would take something I said in jest and spin it around to your ends, sounding the social justice warrior you more than likely abhor.

No worse (and in fact somewhat more civilized and far less offensive) than some of the baseless insults you've regularly tossed in my direction in the past. Up to and including claiming that I'm "everything that's wrong in the world right now" at one point, I believe. You can't take it, don't dish it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I don't care about that. As long as I don't have to put up with his bile, I'll be less jaded. He may think he's won, but he'd be wrong.

Hey, MWF? You know that ceasefire you asked for? It's soooo done.