• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Other (options?)

• Total voters
Shawn_230 said:
What program of Nero do you go into? Because I only installed the BurningROM... have to get the rest if I need them for this.

You can do it from Nero Smart Start or Nero Vision Express

on worries :thumbsup: . happy to see that everybody can do it. i guess i'll need some more votes for me to upload them. i agree to using Nero if you've got it. 4.7GB is very big to download.

Hmm... it doesn't work for me. When I select to make a VideoDVD and it asks me to select my files, it doesn't show the Top Gear files. It says to find DVD files.

Hmm, so I'd have to convert to AVI first?

Shawn_230 said:
What program of Nero do you go into? Because I only installed the BurningROM... have to get the rest if I need them for this.

Last time I checked, there was something available in http://ftp.ua.pt/incoming/fg

Right click in the file names and Save Target as...

Or wait around 30 minutes till it's done. Slow upload, 35MB proggie. ;)

\\\EDIT///

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?type=begins&file=NVE-3.1.0.7.exe

To look for the file, while the upload isn't done. Usefull little rar files in the first link, though.

here's how it goes: first your .avi's are converted to either .mpg, or .vob. vob is what a dvd player reads. then you make your menu for the movies you'll have on that dvd disc. then the menu maker, Nero, or dvd-lab pro for me, will either turn the .mpg files to vob, or just make the menu.

quick and dirty.

So are the DVD's going to be torrented? :?

sure, since you asked :D . i'll be able to get them up as soon as tuesday. have a final exam tomorrow, well.. today. any specific series?

So what are the advantages to using NeroVision over Nero Suite? Or is NeroVision just part of the overall suite?

Shawn_230 said:
Hmm, so I'd have to convert to AVI first?

No dude, the newer verssions of Nero will do it for you. All I have to do is drag the files over (they can be pretty much any kind of video: avi, wmv, mpg, etc.) and then after you make the menus and all that, it will re-code the video for DVD format.

So maybe you have an older version, cause I've been using Nero for a long time to make DVDs, and before that VCDs.

I've got version 7... but like I said I only installed the BurningROM part. Do you have the full suite installed?

Shawn_230 said:
I've got version 7... but like I said I only installed the BurningROM part. Do you have the full suite installed?

Do you have NeroVision Express atleast? I would just install it all if I were you. And is it the Ultra version or just OEM? I'm still using Nero 6, and it kicks booty :) It's got all kinds of goodies. For instance, Nero Showtime is better than PowerDVD for watching, imo.

How many of VUK's rips can you put on a DVD? Only 2?

I'll just get the entire program and install all of its components, no worries. I'm just weary of programs that attempt to do everything... remember ICQ?

jeffy777 said:
Shawn_230 said:

Do you have NeroVision Express atleast? I would just install it all if I were you. And is it the Ultra version or just OEM? I'm still using Nero 6, and it kicks booty :) It's got all kinds of goodies. For instance, Nero Showtime is better than PowerDVD for watching, imo.

Shawn_230 said:
I'll just get the entire program and install all of its components, no worries. I'm just weary of programs that attempt to do everything... remember ICQ?

No, Nero doesn't try to take over. It's only there when you ask for it.

At high settings, I think you can fit 2, since standard DVDs are 120 mins. You have to drop the quality down if you want to squeeze in more. (This is why I bought a DivX player: I can fit a whole season on one disc, with plenty of room to spare)

jeffy777 said:
Shawn_230 said:

No, Nero doesn't try to take over. It's only there when you ask for it.

At high settings, I think you can fit 2, since standard DVDs are 120 mins. You have to drop the quality down if you want to squeeze in more. (This is why I bought a DivX player: I can fit a whole season on one disc, with plenty of room to spare)

And in the long run, cheaper... (Less DVDs to burn)