Finally, Here it is. GT-R Proto.

logo said:
zenkidori said:
I think certain colors suit certain cars. Silver suits this car, so would the traditional blue I think.
it definetely looks better than all the other skylines put together (i KNOW, its not a skyline)
that, i seriously disagree with.

so you're saying a skyline is a beautiful car? not even a nice looking car man.. it probably looks fast, but not beautiful don't get that confused please you're insulting every other car designer who crafted their cars to be art.. old skyllines look like old accords.. the R34 looks like shit.. the only thing that made people want it is the rb26.. it is maybe the only beautiful thing in that car.

You are a moron. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there is a point where a person needs to get their head bashed in. You just crossed that line my friend. The R34, for me, is up in that top echelon of car beautiful-ness, alongside the DB9 and E-Type.

flyingfridge said:
The R34, for me, is up in that top echelon of car beautiful-ness, alongside the DB9 and E-Type.

I like the R34 too 'fridge, really I do (it's the R33 I find yucky), but putting it up with the DB9 & E-Type? Umm....

flyingfridge said:
logo said:
zenkidori said:
I think certain colors suit certain cars. Silver suits this car, so would the traditional blue I think.
it definetely looks better than all the other skylines put together (i KNOW, its not a skyline)
that, i seriously disagree with.

so you're saying a skyline is a beautiful car? not even a nice looking car man.. it probably looks fast, but not beautiful don't get that confused please you're insulting every other car designer who crafted their cars to be art.. old skyllines look like old accords.. the R34 looks like shit.. the only thing that made people want it is the rb26.. it is maybe the only beautiful thing in that car.

You are a moron. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there is a point where a person needs to get their head bashed in. You just crossed that line my friend. The R34, for me, is up in that top echelon of car beautiful-ness, alongside the DB9 and E-Type.

haha am a moron? you compare a nissan to a db9 styling.. go drive a 1200hp skyline in ur ps2 and jezz all over yourself and don't call people names cuz of what they think of a car's styling. and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, just like a mom would think their kids are pretty even if they look like you.

R34s are only considered beautiful because of what it can achieve. It's such a phenomenal car that it becomes beautiful in our eyes. It's purposeful and aggressive, which appeals to the violence sie of us humans, just as some cars appeal to the sex side and the truly special cars appeal to both. I think Clarkson said that, but whatevarrrr... :twisted:

And cvg, if you want to get personal, you drive a Scion, one of the most gorgeous cars ever made. :tease:

i really like the styling. Hopefully this new GT-R would go towards the timeless classic route~

Thinking about it ~ Japanese car makers has the least amount of timeless classics. I would definitly class S600, S800, 240Z, 280Z, 350Z, FC3, FD3(s) and probably AW11 as timeless classics. But somehow others seem to be designed on a mission which you use up and scrap a couple of years of hard usage (the EVOS and Imprezas, supras, celicas). But this GT-R somehow feels there is alot of passion and feel and heritage which the last skyline lacked. I like to see this in cars more.

The R34 just had too much computing power which I hate in a driver's orientated car, but I am really looking forward to this GT-R as it has the feel of the 350Z and hopefully be less complicated a car than the older skylines ( i know some people say that the computer aids on the R34 is very transparent to the driver ~ but I want a car which has a flawless design and chasis and handling ~ then have the computer's kick in when I'm going to kill myself :? )

PS: the 190E is the best looking road going merc ever ~ i really trying to look for a 190E Evolution II in the UK

BlaRo said:
R34s are only considered beautiful because of what it can achieve. It's such a phenomenal car that it becomes beautiful in our eyes. It's purposeful and aggressive, which appeals to the violence sie of us humans, just as some cars appeal to the sex side and the truly special cars appeal to both. I think Clarkson said that, but whatevarrrr... :twisted:

That's a great way of putting it - while I don't consider an R34 to be beautiful in the same way a DB9 is (hence my earlier post), it does have a brutish appeal that's backed up by its performance.

tianluo said:
I would definitly class S600, S800, 240Z, 280Z, 350Z, FC3, FD3(s) and probably AW11 as timeless classics.

Good man, you deserve a beer :beer:. In fact, you deserve two :beer:

cvg said:
I'll take a Toyota over any fall-apart 1990s Mercedes.
good for you :)

After my parents owned a 1986 560SEL and a 1993 400SEL we're pretty much done with Mercedes. If only the rest of the car lasted like the engine did...

cvg said:
I'll take a Toyota over any fall-apart 1990s Mercedes.

You have fun with that. Toyotas are the most boring cars ever made. I'd take a "fall apart" car that was even midly exciting over a boring disposable Toyota.

hee hee, Catsplat being owned again :D It's just like old times!!

I'll give you the Supra, I admit I overlooked it when I was trying to come up with desireable Toyotas.

MR2's are nicely poised, but rather underpowered. I mean, come on, the 1995 Turbo model only had 200HP. At 2825 lbs, it wasn't that sprightly, either. And the styling is boring. Sorry, the first gens are boxy as hell. Newer ones are bit nicer, but still dated. I don't dislike them, per se, I just think there are better ways to go fast.

AE86's are slow fanboy cars. "Tuned" cars don't enter into it. I'm talking about stock Toyotas, and apart from the Supra, they're pretty lackluster.

flyingfridge said:
hee hee, Catsplat being owned again :D It's just like old times!!

Oh, I'm sorry. Did you forget you never managed to prove that a R34 Skyline is better than a Viper or Z06 in any category? I guess so. :evil:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
MR2's are nicely poised, but rather underpowered. I mean, come on, the 1995 Turbo model only had 200HP. At 2825 lbs, it wasn't that sprightly, either. And the styling is boring. Sorry, the first gens are boxy as hell. Newer ones are bit nicer, but still dated.

The Mk1 is boxy - I won't deny that, I mean it's got origami styling. And yes, it only has 88kw in NA form, but who cares - anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line, there's no achievement in that.

What matters most is how a car corners and responds - and in that regard the Mk1 is superb - it's a two-seat go-kart.

I'm not a big fan of the Mk2 as I too think they're a bit heavy and went away from what made the Mk1 so special.

As for the AE86's - you've missed the point - a light, rear-drive car with terrific balance - what more could you ask for?

I guess what really burns me about the MK1 MR2 was that it had so much potential to be an absolutely fantastic all-around car, but Toyota shafted it badly in the power department. Then when the MK2 came around, they couldn't decide whether they wanted to make a nippy car like the MK1 or some sort of GT car, and they didn't really do either. Wasted potential, but the current aftermarket has come a long way since then! It's just kind of sad that it took until now to bring out the car's true potential.

Nah, Toyota didn't shaft the Mk1 at all - in fact the NA 4AGE motor is perfectly suited to the car - the way it responds and revs is a perfect match.

You just edited your post twice while I was trying to quote it, and now I can't respond to it correctly! :lol:

Anyway, I just feel that the MR2 had more potential to be a great car. It's not a bad car by any means, it's just not as exciting as it should have, could have been. The styling and (IMO) somewhat underpowered engine are what really held it back. I'm sure at the perfect time, on the perfect road, the MR2 is perfect. But why not have made it perfect for more situations?

The MR2 was introduced to great acclaim and fairly decent sales figures - people could buy a Toyota that was mid-engined, like a Ferrari! (BTW, they sold a whole lot more MR2's in the States than in Japan, oddly enough.) But sales quickly plummeted, and there had to be reasons for that. I suspect the reasons were the styling and engine.