[07x06] December 27th, 2005

normal NSX, the R is just in white. he's is a pretty decent driver though. i mean he got a decent time on the ring in a diesel S-type. and his lines looked good at laguna seca in PS2 and real life.

bartboy9891 said:
normal NSX, the R is just in white. he's is a pretty decent driver though. i mean he got a decent time on the ring in a diesel S-type. and his lines looked good at laguna seca in PS2 and real life.

NSX R has a few colours in GT4 including the blue he used. For quite a few of the exterior shots in the game it was definately an NSX R but you think they were just taken later?

His time at the ring was good but no better than an average club level racer could do I think. The lines and stuff they showed on TG (on GT4 and in real life) weren't too bad but not always spot on, he missed the apex quite a few times, didn't always use all the track and made a few other mistakes and his car control never looks hugely impressive (I mean he can get big sideways but it isn't that neat or fast). Coming onto the main straight as sideways as they showed was just slow but I won't count that because it was probably just done for show and edited in later. Like I said it is hard to tell with it all edited like it is. He isn't a bad driver but I think probably only around an avergae club racer level which isn't a great driver either.

docjekyll2002 said:
Who was the hot brunette girl behind Jeremy Clarkson when they were presenting the awards. She is so hot. I want to go out with her.

:thumbsup: Yeah, she looks beautiful.

Also, around 41:20 into the show, during the awards, Clarkson asks a woman what kind of thong she is wearing? Did I miss something or was that just a spontanious joke out of no where?

zenkidori said:
He asked what kind of "Thonk" she was wearing, and it was in response to Hammond.

What does that word mean? I can't find it in the dictionary. Sorry, English is not my first language.

P.S. Why do you have a stalinist mass murderer in your sig (Che)?

Also, around 41:20 into the show, during the awards, Clarkson asks a woman what kind of thong she is wearing? Did I miss something or was that just a spontanious joke out of no where?

As mentioned, in response to Hammond. And of course I'm the one to bring this up, but she was from Hammond Heaven>_<. Why do they always get all the luck going there AND getting on camera?? That's the second one this year...

Those who say this episode was crap are expecting too much. I thought it was great. Especially Hammond looking like a small, well, hamster eating the award for no particular reason. We need a GIF of that! I especially liked how the ricer 'tards lost to some proper racers; it'd be blasphemous otherwise.

Couldn't agree more :thumbsup: . When the Healey vs. 306 item started I even thought "finally, some good, old TG style segment instead of a frankly too rehearsed race or another idea that they KNOW is getting old." And I guess I'm the only one who liked the Star then. Yes, he was a bit boring, but anyone who gets JC to blush on camera (and did he ever get red underneath that makeup, but that was more Jimmy Carr's doing) is good in my book. Then again, I like "dodgy" conversations/situations (what? Stop looking at me like that!) involving TV guys I'm a fan of :blush: :unsure:

astondg said:
bartboy9891 said:

NSX R has a few colours in GT4 including the blue he used. For quite a few of the exterior shots in the game it was definately an NSX R but you think they were just taken later?

His time at the ring was good but no better than an average club level racer could do I think. The lines and stuff they showed on TG (on GT4 and in real life) weren't too bad but not always spot on, he missed the apex quite a few times, didn't always use all the track and made a few other mistakes and his car control never looks hugely impressive (I mean he can get big sideways but it isn't that neat or fast). Coming onto the main straight as sideways as they showed was just slow but I won't count that because it was probably just done for show and edited in later. Like I said it is hard to tell with it all edited like it is. He isn't a bad driver but I think probably only around an avergae club racer level which isn't a great driver either.
the spoiler on JC's NSX was different than the one on the NSX R i believe.
and JC is definately not a race car driver, but he looked good for someone who has never been on Laguna Seca. and from what i saw, his lines were actually very good except for the second corner.

Please. Someone save me from this suffering. Does anyone here know the name of the girl standing behind Clarkson when they were presenting the awards? I have lusted for her so much. I hope I am not too late before someone else here goes on a date with her.

Jeez, it's not like we Finalgear members know her personally or something. Relax.

docjekyll2002 said:
Please. Someone save me from this suffering. Does anyone here know the name of the girl standing behind Clarkson when they were presenting the awards? I have lusted for her so much. I hope I am not too late before someone else here goes on a date with her.

Just found this out from an insider at the Top Gear studios. Top Gear has been flooded with requests to know "who is that woman behind the presenters during the award show?" At the risk of the insider having his job terminated by this information, he has divulged this information to me.

The womans name is Alice Hartsby, a resident of Camberly-Frimbly. Alice drives a 1998 Rover 75 petrol, works as an office assistant in Guildford, and as her friends describe her as "a ravenous lesbian who has no intrest whatsoever with men." Apparently, Alice also has a deep seated loathing for such men who lust over her in internet car forums. Pity!

jayhawk said:
Just found this out from an insider at the Top Gear studios. Top Gear has been flooded with requests to know "who is that woman behind the presenters during the award show?" At the risk of the insider having his job terminated by this information, he has divulged this information to me.

The womans name is Alice Hartsby, a resident of Camberly-Frimbly. Alice drives a 1998 Rover 75 petrol, works as an office assistant in Guildford, and as her friends describe her, "a ravenous lesbian who has no intrest whatsoever with men." Apparently, Alice also has a deep seated loathing for such men who lust over her in internet car forums. Pity!

:lol:

jayhawk said:
docjekyll2002 said:

The womans name is Alice Hartsby, a resident of Camberly-Frimbly. Alice drives a 1998 Rover 75 petrol, works as an office assistant in Guildford, and as her friends describe her as "a ravenous lesbian who has no intrest whatsoever with men." Apparently, Alice also has a deep seated loathing for such men who lust over her in internet car forums. Pity!

oh shit...I was drinking when I read that :lol:

bartboy9891 said:
the spoiler on JC's NSX was different than the one on the NSX R i believe.
and JC is definately not a race car driver, but he looked good for someone who has never been on Laguna Seca. and from what i saw, his lines were actually very good except for the second corner.

When he picks the car it has the normal spoiler but then when he starts driving it seems to be the NSX R spoiler. Look closely just after he picks the car and it shows it in game and through the first corner, there are the extra extensions on the spoiler like the NSX R. It seems that way through most of the driving shots, except for 1 or 2 where it is the normal NSX spoiler again.

They must have used both of them for the filming and I guess he used the normal NSX for the lap?

I honestly don't see what is so special about that girl... or have I missed it out?... does anyone have a screenie so I'm sure we're talking about the same girl?

She's nothing special, although the english have on odd sense of beauty, I've seen some girls pointed out as smoking hot when I wouldn't have even crossed the room.

jayhawk said:
docjekyll2002 said:

Cool.

Hey everyone, been visiting these forums for awhile but never got around to registering.

To Law: When they were doing the suprise of the yr award, Richard nominated the new Honda Civic and said "Britain's most boring car has been giving a thong" but the way he said thong sounded like "thonk" thats why Jeremy started hassling him about it.

Just to clear up any confusion about the "girl standing behind Clarkson" I am assuming you are talking about the one not directly behind Clarkson, but the one standing in the 2nd row beside the blonde. I'm pretty sure thats the one you guys are on about but for people that are not sure :p