keyboard error

Raheel

Photoshop Mod
Car(s)
BMW E46 318 CI
i have messed up my keyboard. i opened up the whole keyboad and cleaned it. now that i connected it back, it won't work. i restarted the pc and it gave a no keyboard error. it somehow opened windows but still the keyboard does not work. what is the problem with it

i am typing using the onscreen keyboard.

Ehh, you could've messed some wiring up. Double check that the wire is in the correct place and its in well. If that doesn't work, open up the keyboard again and double check everything.

i have been trying for some time now. maybe the water has done the damage...

Probably a dumb question, but did you let it dry long enough?

Use a hairdryer if possible to get into little places and its faster than evaporation.

The damage could be done now...
After electronic equipment gets wet ALWAYS let it dry completely or else you could short cercuit (is it said like that in english?) some of the components. Reminds me i just had my USB memory stick through the washer. I let it dry up, and it worked fine. Not sorry it can be compared with a keyboard...

M3lover said:
short cercuit (is it said like that in english?)

yes, but it's short circuit.

My wife's cell phone went through the washing machine accidently, and it works quite well ;)

Once put my old mp3 player through a wash cycle. Turned on but didn't work :(

Keyboard seem pretty resilient, some people put their keyboard in the dishwasher and have no problems. :eek:

jayjaya29 said:
Keyboard seem pretty resilient, some people put their keyboard in the dishwasher and have no problems. :eek:

i'm one of those... its so much easier to clean keyboards with the dishwasher. I usually let them dry for a few days though before trying to use them again, but it gives them that new out of the box feeling :-D

i just plugged my keyboard into the pc and it started giving continuos beep sounds from inside...

keyboards are cheap...... today the volume knob is working...so it needs time to dry out.