Welcome to XenForo

If we're going with dark and a single highlight colour, why not the old FG red?

If we're going with dark and a single highlight colour, why not the old FG red?

Do we want a third theme that's a throwback to the old theme? Or do we want to use this dark theme as the default and tweak it a bit to our liking?

They were incorrectly imported during the move. They all ended up as "1".

If we care enough, then I can write a custom script to import them.

I'll vote for bringing them back. Too much of our grand history is lost without them.

I'll vote for bringing them back. Too much of our grand history is lost without them.

Fair point. I'll see what I can do.

I don't mind losing them, we can have new ones.

Do we want a third theme that's a throwback to the old theme? Or do we want to use this dark theme as the default and tweak it a bit to our liking?
Second one, less likely to go south on future updates

I don't mind losing them, we can have new ones.

Second one, less likely to go south on future updates

One of the advantages of XenForo is that I can customize the colors entirely via fields in the admin area without actually modifying any template files. The dark theme is actually a child theme of the default theme with no template changes, only different colors set in the settings. I'll be sticking to my guns here which means zero problems updating to new versions of XenForo.

Any customizations we do would be along the same lines -- a child theme (style) of either the default white/blue (too bright!) or a child theme of the dark color scheme style I downloaded.

I'd love to have a red/white theme ust like the FG of old.

One more vote for classic white/red theme

One of the advantages of XenForo is that I can customize the colors entirely via fields in the admin area without actually modifying any template files. The dark theme is actually a child theme of the default theme with no template changes, only different colors set in the settings. I'll be sticking to my guns here which means zero problems updating to new versions of XenForo.

Any customizations we do would be along the same lines -- a child theme (style) of either the default white/blue (too bright!) or a child theme of the dark color scheme style I downloaded.

Ah, okay. it seems people would prefer a child theme of the light theme with some red accents. I'm honestly fine with whatever as I'll likely stay on the dark theme.

On a completely unrelated topic. I guess we can remove the share buttons below as well? we do have an FG subreddit, but that's all I can think of right now.

Haven't seen this mentioned yet, any chance the forum could be widened to full screen? Using a 1080 wide screen, theres a ton of empty space.

pMaI0dO.png

A1NhXtC.png

Also thanks for getting the subforums to show up on the main index page again! Though for some of the less used subforums can those be hidden.... namely that giant "Uncategorized" section at the bottom of the main index.

Lastly, I know there isn't a mobile theme since its a responsive page design, and I mean to sound like a broken record, but if at all possible, can we get something like this https://xenforo.com/community/resources/rellect-desktop-version-for-mobiles.2985/

Thanks for all the hard work!

I just use CTRL and the scroll wheel and much of the empty space disappears and things get easier to read.

And another vote for the classic red, but I quite like the current dark theme so just some red accents would be good if possible.

Last edited:
BTW, just realize that you guys are talking to a visually impaired person who has trouble seeing colors and has washed out vision, so I'm going to need lots of help to actually make something that looks good. :p

For those who don't know, I had a reaction to a medication that killed off a bunch of neurons in my optic nerves giving me tons and tons of tiny little blind spots across my vision. I have to invert the colors of my screen a lot. For example I can't read anything in the light forum theme. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optic_neuropathy

Mars red would work well

The Ferrari one looks like a nice balance between muted and melt your eyes red, but would need to test them in text form on the background of the shade we use.

Yes, color values are very helpful. Here's the interface I'm working with. First, you pick a general color palette:

Hsyh5aP.png

Then you can pick some of the major colors, ideally using entries from the color palette so that changing the palette changes wide-ranging stuff:

i4SVXc1.png

But you can drill down and change a ton of individual elements too:

neBZILm.png

For those who don't know, I had a reaction to a medication that killed off a bunch of neurons in my optic nerves giving me tons and tons of tiny little blind spots across my vision. I have to invert the colors of my screen a lot. For example I can't read anything in the light forum theme. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optic_neuropathy

that must suck big time!
any chance on recovery?

that must suck big time!
any chance on recovery?

No, the damage is permanent. I haven't driven since April and won't ever be able to at night. I can legally drive during the day depending on my comfort with the weather conditions.

Phew. All custom titles have been successfully imported from vBulletin. 6 were cut off due to length.

No, the damage is permanent. I haven't driven since April and won't ever be able to at night. I can legally drive during the day depending on my comfort with the weather conditions.

I think I speak for everyone when I say

Fuck cancer. Fuck it so very very much