Random Thoughts....

You guys just made this very serious. It was good fun while it lasted.
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm guessing you didn't actually post "GTI" in huge red letters but that's what the forum is showing me. Oy....

Edit: now I see it ?Fum fact: the bald eagle actually sounds really wimpy and the sound you hear in movies is actually a red tailed hawk.

I'm guessing you didn't actually post "GTI" in huge red letters but that's what the forum is showing me. Oy....

Edit: now I see it ?Fum fact: the bald eagle actually sounds really wimpy and the sound you hear in movies is actually a red tailed hawk.
Hehehehe, image bug strikes again!

Was just offered an incentive to switch my natural gas utility so I started digging through my bills to see if its worth it. I've always seen "Mcf" as the unit of measurement, but have always been ignorant of its meaning, just monitored the absolute number month to month. Decided to look up what it means....

MCF - Thousand Cubic Feet

Wait.... hold up..... should that be kCF? For kilo cubic feet? Not that it would make much sense, but at least "k" is colloquially understood to be 1000 in America, even with out Imperial measurements, and "M" is generally mega = 10^6, which would translate to million cubic feet. So I did some more digging....

MCF is an abbreviation derived from the Roman numeral 'M' for a thousand, put together with cubic feet (CF) to measure a quantity of natural gas.

Ummm? We're are we seriously bringing Roman numerals into this?

eIBvfdV.gif

Some more reading and I found this.

MCF is the conventional way to measure natural gas in the United States, which uses the imperial measuring system. In Europe, where the metric system is used, the abbreviation most commonly used is thousand of cubic meters or MCM.

So Europeans don't have it much better with their fancy metric system.

Oh and the kicker to all this.....

Many people think the M represents the English word for million, but one million cubic feet of gas is instead denoted as MMCF, where the two Ms mean "a thousand thousand"

PgicX7Um.png

No, I just saw it get retweeted. I know Bolsonaro is a pretty controversial guy.
He tweeted a video where, during a carnival party, a guy pees on the head of another guy.
He used this as an example that "we need to clean up this country. This video is gross but you must see it to understand the state we are in because of the globalist left agenda" or something to that effect. I'm paraphrasing.
It's kinda like using a video of girls during Springbreak showing their boobs to justify a "religious clean up" of USA.

Was just offered an incentive to switch my natural gas utility so I started digging through my bills to see if its worth it. I've always seen "Mcf" as the unit of measurement, but have always been ignorant of its meaning, just monitored the absolute number month to month. Decided to look up what it means....

Wait.... hold up..... should that be kCF? For kilo cubic feet? Not that it would make much sense, but at least "k" is colloquially understood to be 1000 in America, even with out Imperial measurements, and "M" is generally mega = 10^6, which would translate to million cubic feet. So I did some more digging....

Ummm? We're are we seriously bringing Roman numerals into this?

eIBvfdV.gif

Some more reading and I found this.

So Europeans don't have it much better with their fancy metric system.

Oh and the kicker to all this.....

PgicX7Um.png

Yeah, this fucks me up a lot. Knowing when switch back and forth is great fun.

Not sure if there’s any Jeopardy show fans. The long time host, Alex Trebek has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Boo.

Last edited:
He tweeted a video where, during a carnival party, a guy pees on the head of another guy.
He used this as an example that "we need to clean up this country. This video is gross but you must see it to understand the state we are in because of the globalist left agenda" or something to that effect. I'm paraphrasing.
It's kinda like using a video of girls during Springbreak showing their boobs to justify a "religious clean up" of USA.
Ah, I see. Bolsonaro is way too authoritarian for me.

lol let's hear him talk about pee pee like that to Bear Grylls

lol let's hear him talk about pee pee like that to Bear Grylls
It's a running joke that Bolsonaro is "Tropic Trump", and that while there is rumor of a Trump golden shower tape, Bolsonaro just went ahead and tweeted a video of it.

I may be freelance (which is a terrifying euphemism for "unemployed," if we're honest) right now, but my DMs/email/snail mail/sketchy meeting behind the VW 411 are always open to leaking the Trump pee pee tape. I don't even write about politics, but that is the scoop of a lifetime and I'd do it anyway. (For no doubt a lot of cash. THIS IS MY TICKET TO RETIRING AT THE NÜRBURGRING.)