Random Thoughts....

Ha! I had a feeling if I made a mistake, someone in the Spanish speaking contingent would catch it :). Thanks, gaasc! Today I learned.

HE'S ALIVE!!

[analgear]well actually, it's spelled como estan. Estas is singular[/analgear] :p
I noticed but didn't want to startle him and scare him away. :p

I noticed but didn't want to startle him and scare him away. :p

Have you seen what he drives? It'll take a little more than grammar to scare him off ;)

Last edited:
JC is back!
There are some many places I could go with this...

Thanks, peeps. I don't really know why I ever left.

Wait, that's not true, but it's nothing to do with anyone here. Anyhow, I'd rather not get into it. Requires too much navel gazing.

Anyhow, I know I'm late, but RIP to Viper. Last I was here I knew about his diagnosis, but it was in remission. I had no idea about what finally happened. My condolences to his friends and extended family. It's odd... because I never met him, nor did I ever have any real online relationship with him, even. I do know were it not for him, though.... I never would have had this place to come visit and discuss with all you fine (trash!) people, so much gratitude is still owed. I just wish him rest in peace, and that his family can find some peace after what will undoubtedly be a prolonged period of grieving.

Last edited:
My dad called it a Witches' Day. I think most people here call it a sunshower, though.

I call it, and I swear this is not a joke, a Credence

Yes, I know it's about the band breaking up, don't care.

We have a saying
"Sun and rain, widow's marriage"
In Portuguese, it rhymes :p

We call it a sunshower down here too.

If "casamento de viúva" stands for "sol e chuva", it is a sort of rhyming slang. English rhyming slang is associated with Cockney and the first Potuguese city with C that I thought of was Coimbra. Hence "Coimbrockney". I admit that this may not have been obvious. ?

If "casamento de viúva" stands for "sol e chuva", it is a sort of rhyming slang. English rhyming slang is associated with Cockney and the first Potuguese city with C that I thought of was Coimbra. Hence "Coimbrockney". I admit that this may not have been obvious. ?
NOT AT ALL OBVIOUS :LOL:

But yes "Sol e chuva, casamento de viúva".
I am not sure if that is also a saying in Portugal.

A project I worked incredibly hard on (as a part of a team) just won the biggest regional award for this sort of thing. Huzzah!

Reactions: LP