Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

That said, seeing as how the 4R is neither compact nor car and it fit with room to spare, I am again wondering exactly what compact car they had in mind for the space.

M8RQOKw.jpg

Yeah, that I would believe. It sure as f**k isn't any modern definition of compact car.

It was just an observation that a lot of these SUVs most people consider "large" just aren't. They're only taller.

It was just an observation that a lot of these SUVs most people consider "large" just aren't. They're only taller.

Yes, but I could probably have put a GMT800 Yukon in the same spot with less overhang into the lane than the E-series next to it. My 4R isn't even pulled all the way forward so there's more room yet.

I consider my mustang to be a compact car. It certainly is compared to my F150.

My Mustang had a bigger footprint than my XJ. Even on the wider offset wheels.

My Mustang had a bigger footprint than my XJ. Even on the wider offset wheels.

The XJ is practically a sub compact.

XJ: 167.5"L 69.4"W

Kia Rio Sedan: 172.6"L 67.9"W

My CJ7 is probably smaller than anything you can buy now that isn't a Smart.

I'm still searching for a "green car only" parking spot à la

G03rzSK.jpg

Usually the "compact" spaces I see are about length, not width or height, I can frequently park the Xterra in those spaces with room to spare.

Here I've only seen "ethanol fueled car spot", which is really stupid and specific.

And completely impossible to enforce in any way shape or form
Not to mention that...
BUT since we have either E100 or E27, one could say that spot only excludes EVs and Diesels ?

"May contain up to 10% Ethanol" - Hey, you don't know that it does, or doesn't; and neither do I. It's Schrodinger's fuel.

sigh while this probably one of the worst roads, it’s still unacceptable.

[video]

I see worse here all the time. ?