Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

:LOL: Xenforo, never fails to amuse.

Damn, now I'm hungry for the Ruben egg rolls the bar near me does.

Corned beef and sauerkraut in an egg roll wrapper?
Don't forget the cheese (and side of Russian dressing to dip in). It's actually damn tasty bar food, but I wouldn't want to eat it regularly.

They should make that and take inspiration from the old Subaru Outback sedans that were jacked up from the factory.

And by old Outback you mean the AMC Eagle.

Jeep running gear and timeless styling!

Happy days! I am free from Jeep Patriot company car prison! Another forum member has offered to buy it though so it’s not leaving the family that is FinalGear.

The replacement is a 2019 VW Golf Alltrack S. Why alltrack? Because I wanted heated seats and management wanted the cheapest sportwagen possible (there was no debate, it’s what they chose). Since the AWD sportwagen wasn’t available in the area. The alltrack was the next best thing. A base FWD sportwagen has no heated seats. Only SE and up or an AWD S trim either alltrack or standard sportwagen. What does this get me? 1.8L 6-speed DSG, blind spot monitoring, forward collision and rear cross traffic alert.

Happy days! I am free from Jeep Patriot company car prison! Another forum member has offered to buy it though so it’s not leaving the family that is FinalGear.

KwuAdd5.gif

The replacement is a 2019 VW Golf Alltrack S. Why alltrack? Because I wanted heated seats and management wanted the cheapest sportwagen possible (there was no debate, it’s what they chose). Since the AWD sportwagen wasn’t available in the area. The alltrack was the next best thing. A base FWD sportwagen has no heated seats. Only SE and up or an AWD S trim either alltrack or standard sportwagen. What does this get me? 1.8L 6-speed DSG, blind spot monitoring, forward collision and rear cross traffic alert.

Can't wait to see the first failure... :p

Nah Niva was the original cross over :p

Niva started production in 77 - I know at least one crossover that existed and was sold before then.

The 1948 Willys Jeepster would like a word.
4558.jpg

Seeing a gap in their product lineup, Willys developed the Jeepster to crossover from their "utilitarian" trucks to the passenger automobile market.