Joker (2019)

TC

aka TomCat

Whoa... it's been a while since a "superhero" movie trailer hooked me...

Well, it won't be a "superhero" movie at all by the looks of it.
I am intrigued.

Reactions: TC
At first I was intrigued because the trailer didn't give away any of the action scenes (I assumed there will be action scenes), now I actually don't think this will be action packed. But then I realized that they pretty much gave away the whole origin story in 2 minutes 24 seconds. Great, now why would I go see the 2.5 hours long movie.

But that being said, I've never really been into comic book movies. I would really love to see a Heath Ledger Joker origin story though.

The story looks like it's based on The Killing Joke. This may be pretty good as its forced to do some proper character development. Or it may turn out to be terrible as it will be forced to do some proper character development.

This movie didn't really need to be made… but I want to see it anyway.

Reactions: TC
But then I realized that they pretty much gave away the whole origin story in 2 minutes 24 seconds. Great, now why would I go see the 2.5 hours long movie.

Geez, what a simplistic worldview.

They left nothing to the imagination. I'm old enough to remember when trailers were all cryptic and gave away some of the art, some out of context dramatic shots and a line or two. Here I have literally the whole story.

Well, we already know who the character becomes, so the destination is already known. The film will be about the journey. I don't think they gave away too much with the trailer, but in general I know what you mean, I hate spoilers. In fact, I usually avoid watching longer trailers that come out closer to the release date, as well as early reviews, if the movie is something I'm even remotely excited about.

They left nothing to the imagination. I'm old enough to remember when trailers were all cryptic and gave away some of the art, some out of context dramatic shots and a line or two. Here I have literally the whole story.

Agreed! I wanted the ending of the Joker origin story to be a surprise! :p