Last TV show you saw?

Been getting more into Timeless of late. Shame it got cancelled as it's a great show and the second season is really properly into its stride.

Also The Orville 2.01 last night. Still brilliant.

Just got Season 3 of The Last Kingdom on DVD to work through.

Watched the entire first season (twice) on the flight from Sydney to Abu Dhabi a few years back and got hooked.

Hanna on Amazon Prime Video.

Saw the ad during the Superbowl, so with the first episode being available only for 24h, gave it a try.

I liked it.

Joel Kinnaman (from Altered Carbon) seems a very good fit for the role, and the first episode got me interested.

Not sure I like the ending, I guess we'll find out where it goes from there when they release the full season in March.

Future Man

I was house/pet-sitting for a family member recently and they had Hulu streaming, which I do not, so I figured I'd make the best of it and watch some of their original/exclusive content. I started watching Future Man, which stars Josh Hutcherson. It's a scifi comedy with basically the same plot as Terminator, but reversed, a couple soldiers from the dystopian future come back to kill the man that started their war.

I found it to be pretty funny. It's vulgar and uses a lot of fish-out-of-water humor, but it works. The 2 soldiers from the future carry the show. They're absolutely hilarious. Highly recommend watching it. I may even get Hulu just to finish this series, since there are 2 full seasons and I didn't have time to binge the whole thing, just season 1 and couple episodes of season 2.

Umbrella Academy (Netflix)

Didn't know the comics (knew of them, but not what they were about) and this was a fun world to explore. Great soundtrack and a generally a nice mixture of silly & serious.
It's not as deep and storydriven as it pretends to be, but I enjoyed it. It feels more like Doctor Who than Marvel ... if that makes sense to you, it makes sense to me :)

The Order (Netflix)

Started this and watched 2 Episodes and I cannot recommend this. It's a bit like babies first mistery show. When people were attacked by a werewolf ... they didn't know what a werewolf was. They had to look it up. Then they were attacked by a golem. And didn't know what a golem was.
I've got no time for this. Next thing you know people will turn up with punctual bite-marks on their necks and they will have never heard of a thing called "vampire". Show is for 16+ years according to netflix. If you need to explain the concept of a werewolf to a 16 year old ...
Nah, that's not for me. Actors and acting also didn't endear itself to me. It's not unwatchable generally ... but I really cannot recommend this.

4/10

Love, Death & Robots (2019- )

Started watching this on Netflix this morning. It's a series of 18 shorts, each about 10 minutes long, give or take. They're all science fiction, but very different. Most are animated, but some include at least some live action. The animation is fantastic on most, extremely high production quality. Some of the episodes are better than others obviously, but as a whole, it's a very impressive series. It does get a bit graphic, though.

8.5/10

Reactions: Hok
Love, Death & Robots (2019- )

Started watching this on Netflix this morning. It's a series of 18 shorts, each about 10 minutes long, give or take. They're all science fiction, but very different. Most are animated, but some include at least some live action. The animation is fantastic on most, extremely high production quality. Some of the episodes are better than others obviously, but as a whole, it's a very impressive series. It does get a bit graphic, though.

8.5/10

Watched that earlier this week, really liked it.

Started Chernobyl tonight...

So far it lives up to the hype (I'm only 1 episode in).

Just binged this show on prime. It is a fun show, with a great cast.

Reactions: MWF
Woohoo! The next (and last :( ) season of Killjoys will premiere on July 19th!

Last edited:
I recently finished watching Chernobyl on HBO, and I have to say, it was amazingly well done. It is not an anti-nuclear hit piece, more of a criticism of a society instilling blind faith in people/tech based on lies. It is also very dark, which is predictable when you are going to dramatize the worlds worst nuclear accident.

Don't know why it took me so long to start Disenchantment on Netflix. Got through the first 2 episodes last night and its pretty good. Its got that classic Matt Groening art style. The humor quality is somewhere between classic Simpsons and Futurama. Characters are pretty fun. 7/10, will finish the first season and will probably watch season 2 when it comes out.

Hell yeah! :woot:

...and even more material from the new season:

Last edited:
Stumbled across Designated Survivor a couple of weeks ago. Really good and highly recommended.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hell yeah! :woot:
Oh yeah, really looking forward to that!

And on topic: I've watched the third season of Jessica Jones lately. Really sad to see the Netflix MCU series go, but to be honest, the best of them were the first seasons of Jessica Jones and Daredevil, so....

Woohoo! The next (and last :( ) season of Killjoys will premiere on July 19th!

Oooh, the first three episodes are pretty damn good, hopefully the rest of the season will continue that. :)