Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I've always thought an early 2000s Bentley Arnage with a blown motor would be a super fun project car. There's not much you can't bolt up to a 4L80E, which is what they used behind the Rolls V8 in those years.

There's a guy at work building a RoushYates Ford FR9 for fun but has nothing to put it into. He's egging me to buy the Turbo R so that we could dump the FR9 into it once the 6.75 blows up.

There's a guy at work building a RoushYates Ford FR9 for fun but has nothing to put it into. He's egging me to buy the Turbo R so that we could dump the FR9 into it once the 6.75 blows up.

I wholeheartedly approve of this plan and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

But for real that's awesome and I wish I could afford to build NASCAR engines for funsies.

Just as with the Jags, the Rolls 4L80 is a custom cast case and bellhousing to engine bolt pattern. You can’t bolt it to anything but another Rolls motor. Does make it easier to stick an LSx with a standard 4L80 in, though.

Just as with the Jags, the Rolls 4L80 is a custom cast case and bellhousing to engine bolt pattern. You can’t bolt it to anything but another Rolls motor. Does make it easier to stick an LSx with a standard 4L80 in, though.

Yeah I assumed they had a custom bellhousing so you wouldn't be able to use the OEM trans, but as long as the computer can speak 4L80E you're golden. Way less hassle than dealing with the ZFs they used later on.

During my visit to the Czech Republic, one thing I noticed is that there are very few classic cars. I saw one Trabant, one BMW E21, one Škoda 100R and one more classic car which I can't remember what it exactly was. A lot of Škodas from early 2000's, however. Is it a cultural thing or is it simply too expensive to import a classic car from some other country to the Czech Republic?

[video]

Soooo.. what you're saying is that buying a turbo Bentley is a good idea. Got it.....

Also, to rewind a bit, heres my door ding.

o5WBVNwl.jpg

W9yqNHBl.jpg

042aCnZl.jpg

We can go in together and split the cost of the Bentley 3 ways. And since @Der Stig and I are both here in DFW it makes more sense to keep it here. You can come visit any time to drive it.

We can go in together and split the cost of the Bentley 3 ways. And since @Der Stig and I are both here in DFW it makes more sense to keep it here. You can come visit any time to drive it.

What are you envisioning for the thing? I want to build a Turbo R rallycross car. Get a cage in there, but leave all the luxury bits (cut a hole in the rear bench for the tubes and the like). Mild but subtle lift. Etc.

Well I'm envisioning sitting in the back drinking champagne while I make @Der Stig drive me around :lmao:

Rallycross Bentley will require dumping much more money into, not to mention maintenance. :hmm:

Well I'm envisioning sitting in the back drinking champagne while I make @Der Stig drive me around :lmao:

Rallycross Bentley will require dumping much more money into, not to mention maintenance. :hmm:

We can start with that. Plus it can come to Michigan for a third of the year.... the not salty third. And y'all can come up to cruise the Woodward Dream Cruise in it before taking it back.

Why am I discussing this with any bit of seriousness?!?!

I love this forum.