Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

And if the inserts are anything like the Frontier, occasionally they end up stuck on the bottom of something and you don't realize it until you are in the house.
Literally all of the time, wife already managed to lose one like that...

Oh look, relevant ranch truck photo from a month ago :mrgreen:

Attachments

• cham.jpg
    cham.jpg
    741.8 KB · Views: 104
I just want to remind everyone about one of the greatest automotive scenes in animated history

I just had an enquiry from someone looking to scrap a DFSK Loadhopper. I had no idea what it was.

Turns out it's a Chinesium small commercial that looks like what would result if an E46 fucked a Suzuki Carry.

loadhopper-front-2.jpg

The Golf has this in the trunk like holsters on either side of the floor area. I haven't tried the front door pockets for fear of getting pulled over for something dumb and the cop going "whats that?"

i don't know how it's over there, but as long as the bottle has not yet been opened, we're allowed to have it in the passenger compartment
once it's been opened, it must be in the trunk...

i don't know how it's over there, but as long as the bottle has not yet been opened, we're allowed to have it in the passenger compartment
once it's been opened, it must be in the trunk...
IIRC it's same shit here

I just had an enquiry from someone looking to scrap a DFSK Loadhopper. I had no idea what it was.

Turns out it's a Chinesium small commercial that looks like what would result if an E46 fucked a Suzuki Carry.

loadhopper-front-2.jpg
But how many compartments for wine bottles does it have?

Two weeks ago I had to pass inspection: $35
Last week I had to renew my registration: $100
Today I got a notice to renew my license: $50

Grrrrrr

I just ran through the first two with my 4Runner this week.

Texas state inspection: $25.50
Registration renewal: $76.25.
:p

I just ran through the first two with my 4Runner this week.

Texas state inspection: $25.50
Registration renewal: $76.25.
:p
Regular registration in MA is just $60 - I have special plates. :p It's really more about the principle of the matter than the exact amount though.

Regular registration in MA is just $60 - I have special plates. :p It's really more about the principle of the matter than the exact amount though.

Motorcycle registration in TX is ~$50. :D

Motorcycle registration in MA is $20.

Yes, but that's because half the year you're chipping ice out of your underwear and you can't reasonably ride a motorcycle. :p

I would also suggest that for the money paid, Texas roads are in far better condition. :p

I really DGAF about motorcycles or Texas. The point is that I just paid redundant unnecessary fees.

Part of my registration money went to road and bridge maintenance funds. I don't see that as redundant or unnecessary.

Part of my registration money went to road and bridge maintenance funds. I don't see that as redundant or unnecessary.
Ah, so it's not enough that in the process of buying and owning a car I pay an income tax, a sales tax, an excise tax, a gas tax, tolls - I also have to pay for registration every two years, license every five, and inspection annually? All of these fees are just taxes by another name.

Ah, so it's not enough that in the process of buying and owning a car I pay an income tax, a sales tax, an excise tax, a gas tax, tolls - I also have to pay for registration every two years, license every five, and inspection annually? All of these fees are just taxes by another name.

Several of those are local or optional - you need not pay tolls if you don't use the tolled road. I don't have a state income tax here and we don't have state excise taxes on cars here either. As for the rest, if you do not like them, fire the politicians until they fix the problem.

Stupid question - why do you have to renew your reg in the US (/some US states)?