The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Here are your goalposts: Have Republican administrations been involved and convicted in more corruption and general miss behaviors than Democrat administrations, or not?

I put some emphasis there in case you might wanna go off in a tangent to justify not answering the actual question.
Ahem (for context, this was in response to Blind_Io's info):

JimCorrigan said:
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your list of all the people who committed various crimes is entirely factual.
I never disputed what he put up wasn't accurate, so I'm not sure what you're on about. I denied his statement (before he posted the info) about criminal activity for the GOP and Dem as a whole (and proved it).

@JimCorrigan , to simply say not exonerated is not good enough is foolish. He was not and is not allowed to charge a sitting president. That is like putting a boxer in the ring while handcuffed and then asking him why he isn't throwing any punches.
You're advocating for "guilty until proven innocent" with that statement. You would never think this is okay if a Dem president were in charge. So why do you accept it now?

Mueller refusing to answer questions, and his decision not to testify before Congress, is suspicious. After all, I thought Dems wanted Mueller to testify? Why are they not stammering for him to do so now?

Mueller went as close as he is able to saying "I think he is guilty, but I am not allowed to charge him".
He told Barr directly the OLC "position" (which no one can verify as legit) had nothing to do with his decision.
Furthermore, it's Barr's job, not Mueller's, to worry about the circumstances around indictment. All Mueller had to do was recommend charges. Even IF the OLC were a thing, then Trump could be charged after he leaves office.

Meanwhile, Trump will have to keep screaming that the Mueller Report is privileged information while this process gets dragged out in court.
There are 2.5 lines in the entire 448-page report that remain redacted from Congress because it contains grand jury testimony. Please tell me how you can think that somehow affected Mueller's decision not to recommend charges.... considering he already knows what's in those redacted lines. Your beef here isn't with Trump, it's with Mueller.

Trump has classified all the underlying investigation as privileged.

Last edited:
I thought you said you didn't use CNN as a source ;)

Anyhow, that's 100% fake. The report remains publicly available (it's a best seller on Amazon!), and the near naked report is still there for Congress to go see (again, why don't you answer this: WHY won't Congress go review the less redacted version?)

Fake?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c52600-713e-11e9-b5ca-3d72a9fa8ff1_story.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...vilege-over-mueller-report-heres-how-it-works

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...xerts-executive-privilege-over-mueller-report

How many more sources do you want?

It is hard to put the report back in the bottle after it was already released. The underlying investigation is what is important here.

It is hard to put the report back in the bottle after it was already released. The underlying investigation is what is important here.
Why and how is it important? That's like looking at OBD2 readout and going "this is cool and all but I really need to know the specific system calls"

Fake?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c52600-713e-11e9-b5ca-3d72a9fa8ff1_story.html

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tr...vilege-over-mueller-report-heres-how-it-works

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...xerts-executive-privilege-over-mueller-report

How many more sources do you want?

Mueller report is public.

Barr has been given clearance to declassify all information pertaining to the Russia investigation itself.

From your links:
"Executive privilege allows the president to keep sensitive information away from the other branches of the federal government if disclosure would interfere with the functions of the executive branch."

In other words, the only thing that's privileged is the ongoing investigation from other branches of government.

Why weren't you demanding to know details of the Mueller investigation as it was going on? Why the double standard here?

Why and how is it important? That's like looking at OBD2 readout and going "this is cool and all but I really need to know the specific system calls"

You know there are data loggers that do just that to find sporadic problems that are hidden when they are not able to be logged in that summary.

Mueller report is public.

Uggggh! No it is not, at least not completely unredacted.

Barr has been given clearance to declassify all information pertaining to the Russia investigation itself.

With the intent to investigate how and why the Russian investigation was started. And it is only for that purpose.

From your links:
"Executive privilege allows the president to keep sensitive information away from the other branches of the federal government if disclosure would interfere with the functions of the executive branch."

First, why would he allow one branch have access to that info and not the other? (DOJ is part of the executive branch btw)

2) part of congress's job is to act as a check on the executive branch, so he can't stop that, it will just get dragged through the courts to get it done. It may even require the jump to impeachment to get it done.

In other words, the only thing that's privileged is the ongoing investigation from other branches of government.

No. Trump even blocked the former White House Council from testifying before the House Judiciary committee.

Why weren't you demanding to know details of the Mueller investigation as it was going on? Why the double standard here?

What double standard? The investigation has to go through the process before information can be released. I wanted to know more about what was going on, but knew I would have to wait out the process.

The HJC has the right to subpoena information that it feels it needs to do it's job. There is even a process to get that classified, or grand jury testimony cleared for that purpose.

By the way, that underlying investigation is not for public consumption at this point, not even the whole House of Representatives, just the HJC.

Trump tax cuts did little to boost economic growth in 2018, study says
  • The U.S. economy gained 2.9% in 2018, but only a fraction of that came from President Trump’s tax cuts, the Congressional Research Service said this week.
  • The nonpartisan group said the economy’s strong performance came largely from factors already in place.
  • Workers received only marginal benefits, with bonuses from companies amounting to just $28 per employee.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/29/tru...boost-economic-growth-in-2018-study-says.html

Guess who was benefited?
In surprise to absolutely nobody:

An in-depth look by the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service indicated that not only did the rollbacks in business and personal rates have little macro impact, but they also delivered the most benefits to corporations and the rich, with little boost to wages.

bUt mUh TaX cUtS

How much will the Trump (tax) Tariffs cost you though?

Uggggh! No it is not, at least not completely unredacted.
You keep harping on that, redacted parts are due to ongoing investigations, which have nothing to do with the original investigation because the report was released at completion of investigation into collusion and obstruction. He didn't go half way, got bored and said "fuck it here is the report"
You know there are data loggers that do just that to find sporadic problems that are hidden when they are not able to be logged in that summary.
Data loggers log data, they don't tell you all the specific system calls that are being made. Either way why do you need to know all the investigative data? You have the report and can read it.
How much will the Trump (tax) Tariffs cost you though?
I thought only the right was supposed to use whataboutism.

Last edited:
You keep harping on that, redacted parts are due to ongoing investigations, which have nothing to do with the original investigation because the report was released at completion of investigation into collusion and obstruction. He didn't go half way, got bored and said "fuck it here is the report"

There are other reasons info.was redacted. Again, this is not for the general public, or the whole House of Representatives, just the House Judiciary committee. And nobody outside the the DOJ knows what is in there, and it may have relevance.

Data loggers log data, they don't tell you all the specific system calls that are being made. Either way why do you need to know all the investigative data? You have the report and can read it.

There may be pertinent information there. The report is a summary, and any decent lawyer will tell you the devil is in the details.

Btw, not all data loggers are that basic.

I thought only the right was supposed to use whataboutism.

I have no idea what that is about.

You may be blind then. LeVeL went "The tax cuts were good" and you went "But what about the new tariffs".