Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

This is the car deal that WILL NOT DIE. I'm beginning to suspect a heavy dose of dealership incompetence.

The last I'd heard, the deal was $6500 down to keep the payment where the bank thinks she can afford it. Ouch, but what the fuck ever let's just do this.
The contract just arrived. It's the initial zero-down deal we'd initially discussed and been told wasn't gonna happen.

Well, fine, fuck you guys I'll sign it.

I'm beginning to suspect a heavy dose of dealership incompetence.

Nobody has ever gone wrong by assuming only the barest minimum of dealership intelligence beyond being able to breathe and memorize APRs.

This is a pretty spectacular showing.

So this contract is dated last Thursday.
It's actually the SECOND TO LAST set of numbers we discussed before submitting the application - hence the mileage is actually wrong, but a potential $900 overage at the end in the case we don't buy it isn't going to worry me if it means we get to keep thousands extra floating in the bank as a cushion.

The bank then spazzed out and revised the terms 3-4 times from Thursday night through Friday night.

Friday night, everything got ironed out and finalized around 7PM, "We'll ship the contract out Saturday morning"

Monday 3PM they actually ship the contract.

Of course, I'm too damned honest so I called the broker and asked him to inquire WTF they're doing.

What I should have done is kept my mouth shut and signed it, photocopied the shit out of it, shipped it back, and hoped nobody noticed before the fiancee signs it.

What's likely to happen now is that either they admit defeat (which would be ideal) or they receive the thing back, shred it, and spend another $180 overnighting a fixed copy back and forth, and we run out the CarMax offer clock on the Honda because these guys are clowns, and CarMax invariably offers less money the second time.

Best-worst part: They already signed the fucker.

Proudly presented by - drug dealers
Considering the city I was in, Schumachers actually.
Really.
Shoe makers are the rich people in that particular city.

Probably not. The contract does give the bank 15 days to change their mind and demand immediate return of the car. Which wouldn't stand in any sane court but in arbitration? Ha!

I mean if its in the contract it would stand in any court really. But I do wonder if they would do it, considering that they wouldn't get your money anymore for one, would have a vehicle with diminished value for two.

I just saw a post on tumblr saying there are now TOYOTA undercover cop cars and damn if that's true this is gonna throw off all my police car calculations. ?

I just saw a post on tumblr saying there are now TOYOTA undercover cop cars and damn if that's true this is gonna throw off all my police car calculations. ?
There are a whole bunch of different ones around here, including cabs (which are mostly Nissans)

Undercover cars I've seen:
  • Ford F-150
  • Ford F-250 SuperDuty
  • Dodge Ram 1500
  • Toyota Sienna (imagine the poor guy getting that ride from the motor pool)
  • Dodge Challenger
  • Dodge Charger
  • Ford Mustang (I-15 near Beaver Utah - haven't seen it for years, probably because some cop wadded it)
  • Ford Taurus
  • Ford Fusion
  • Ford Escape
  • Ford Explorer
  • Toyota Camry
  • Toyota Tacoma
  • Toyota Tundra
  • Chevrolet Impala
  • Chevrolet Silverado
  • Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban
  • Chevrolet Express

Undercover, or unmarked?

Unmarked with hidden lights and no visible antennas - so whatever you would consider those to be. I spotted the Sienna because it had someone pulled over on the freeway; all the lights were hidden behind the tinted windows or inside the OEM light housings.

Unmarked with hidden lights and no visible antennas - so whatever you would consider those to be. I spotted the Sienna because it had someone pulled over on the freeway; all the lights were hidden behind the tinted windows or inside the OEM light housings.

That would be unmarked in my opinion. Undercover would not have any lights or extra antennas.

To the above list, I would add Volvo XC90, XC60, and S90. I have also seen a Subaru WRX baiting would be street racers.

I've seen Lincoln Town Cars and Navigators around here on street race patrol. Theres also a local PD that uses a Chevy Silverado 2500 with a bed cap.

Or how about this one (though its not unmarked)