All things crispy and crunchy

Not that I'm easily influenced, but I just came back from Tesco with this:

Just tried the Thais, not sure I would go as far as best crisps ever, but...
obama-not-bad.jpg

Edit: On second thoughts, they really are addictive. I just almost went through a full 175g bag in one sitting :|

I told you. :p

Edit 2: The Mexican Fiery Sweet Chipotle are awesome. I wasn't expecting that, but I like them better than the Thai.

These aren't fiery, but theres like a sweet after-taste that is amazing.

Have anyone tried the kettle chips tortilla's? I quite like the nacho cheese one. It's not as in your face with 1 ton of msg (nothing wrong with msg tho) like doritos...

Not that I'm easily influenced, but I just came back from Tesco with this:

IMG_1786-1280.JPG

Just tried the Thais, not sure I would go as far as best crisps ever, but...
obama-not-bad.jpg

Edit: On second thoughts, they really are addictive. I just almost went through a full 175g bag in one sitting :|

Edit 2: The Mexican Fiery Sweet Chipotle are awesome. I wasn't expecting that, but I like them better than the Thai.

We get them as "Lay's" here instead of "Walker's" but the rest of the pack is identical, so I assume the recipe should be the same, too.

I bought a bag the other day, when I read this thread and yesterday a friend of mine and I opened it while having our video night. I'm afraid we didn't like it much. The taste is ok but the mouth feeling frankly sucks. It crunches alright at first but then it suddenly gets kinda doughy in the mouth, which gives you an awkward feeling between your teeth. Frankly I threw away half of the bag.

Driving back from Pittsburgh the other day, stopped for a snack and was bored with all the available chips and decided to try something new.

l1rEFUR.png

I was surprised, they were actually really really good.

Bought another new snack

USvApv5.png

Not bad. Bought it expecting it to be closer to actual baked pea pods than chips with a snap pea flavor, but its close enough.

I love those. Like...salted sweet pea-flavored Cheetos. The salt and black pepper ones are my fave. Easy to polish off a whole bag, and they aren't that much healthier than a potato chip...

My Trader Joes had samples of these the other day. Tried them, immediately threw a bag in my cart.

irQhFiG.png

Though now that I'm eating more of them at work I do wish they were less salty and more spicy.

Last edited:
Fuck I picked those up at the store today and then decided to not try them and put them back down. I'm getting those next time. However, I did get these to bring to my frat retreat. Great to eat with beer.

91S1ODDYfOL._SY355_.jpg

My Trader Joes had samples of these the other day. Tried them, immediately threw a bag in my cart.

irQhFiG.png

Though now that I'm eating more of them at work I do wish they were less salty and more spicy.

I love the flavor of Sriracha sauce...but I just don't get pleasure from dried sriracha powder that has found it's way into every type of snack.

Combos

Combos

I'm really surprised that no one has mentioned Combos. They're a product of the Mars (candy/food) company.

They're little hollow cylinders of pretzel, cracker or taco dough that are baked and then filled with a soft center. Most of the fillings are cheese-based, but there are a couple of others. The makers definitely don't spare the salt, so, they're also VERY addictive! http://www.combos.com/products

One of the best things about Combos is that they're generally crumb-free, which makes them a great travel snack. Back when we were going to lots of rallies, our snack box was always filled with Combos, Starlight mints, Atomic Fireballs and Hershey minis or kisses. I guess we figured that if we didn't kill/hurt ourselves at the event, we could do some serious harm with snacks... :mrgreen:

SL

20130304-combos-taste-test-primary.jpg

Finally got around to buying some cheese and onion Tayto's, after hearing about them several years ago.

jtu440D.jpg

Deep-fried pork rind and intestines are quite good too. I was recently in the Philippines and I really enjoyed my trip there. Can't stop talking about it.

Chicharon.jpg
ChicharonBulaklak-640.jpg

Deep-fried pork rind and intestines are quite good too. I was recently in the Philippines and I really enjoyed my trip there. Can't stop talking about it.

Chicharon.jpg
ChicharonBulaklak-640.jpg

Also if you've ever tried wild hog rinds - it's even better(one of the folks at local gun store told me the recipe, it's actually amazing!)
Pork rinds are absolute MVP, not sure about the second image though, looks wayyy to exotic for me :D
Those are actually the best ever made. I pity people who never tried it :D