Woodward Dream Cruise 2020: Finalgear Edition

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Been a few years since I attempted to organize a FG meet at the Woodward Dream Cruise, but based on renewed interest, I'll give it another shot.

Copying most of the text from past threads.

What? The Woodward Dream Cruise! Its one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) one day automotive celebrations of all things cars! 40,000 cars, 1.5 million people. Basically its a 15 mile long, 8 lane wide outdoor car show. Mostly classic American muscle, but you can see everything from Italian exotics to one off customs on the street. The Big 3 also have huge participation. Ford closes down an entire road in Ferndale for a 700+ Mustang display. GM occasionally shows concept cars up in Birmingham. And Chrysler has a display up in Pontiac.

When? The actual cruise is August 15th 2020, but every night starting around the 12th (if not earlier) will have hundreds of cars out.

Where? Woodward Ave, Michigan. Between Ferndale MI and Pontiac MI

Why?
otq76nrl.jpg

CIg61Fql.jpg

People I know are interested:
@LeVeL
@thevictor390
@Der Stig
@Crazyjeeper
@Nabster

Everyone else is absolutely welcome to come too! The more the merrier.

One comment, in past years, I hosted people at my apartment - I don't think I shall be doing that next year - largely because I do not know where I will be living in August 2020 as my apartment lease is up in June and I am fully intending on buying a house, but at this point, who knows where, when, how big, etc.

@CraigB, I remember you'd wanted to come in the past, but typically have a drag event at Mo-Kan on/around the same weekend. Maybe with this far advance notice, alternate plans can be made? I'm willing to bet that a lot of the people that come to your drag strip would be the same people that would love to visit Woodward with their cars.

Some highlights from this year: 8 1969-1970 Mopar wing cars, 6 Corvette C8s, 5 DeTomaso Panteras, an AutoZam AZ1, a 1978 Oldsmobile 442 with a midengine blown V8, a 5th gen Camaro shooting brake, every gen Ford GT, 30+ Dodge Demons, a Ferrari 250 GTE, the Mil-Spec track prepped HMMVW, BMW Z8, and much much more.

Shameless self-plug:
https://www.instagram.com/seenonwoodward/

Last edited:
@CraigB, I remember you'd wanted to come in the past, but typically have a drag event at Mo-Kan on/around the same weekend. Maybe with this far advance notice, alternate plans can be made? I'm willing to bet that a lot of the people that come to your drag strip would be the same people that would love to visit Woodward with their cars.

I would love to go, but it all hinges on what event is that weekend. Gena would want to go and finding someone to replace her at an event is more difficult than finding a replacement for me. :ROFLMAO:

In! Woodward has been a ridiculous experience every time I'd gone. It takes a high-caliber event to get me to the point where I don't give a damn anymore about split-window Corvettes, MOPAR wing cars, and Dodge Vipers because there are so many of them.

Yeah I'll probably be up to go. We'll see whether Team Texas pulls together something "new" to bring there. There's a possibility of me taking the old Mustang too, provided the AC gets repaired and some other stuff, but that may end up being too much money to make happen in time- too early to say for sure.

I think there's a 75% chance of this clashing with Ringmeet (same weekend or week after) so I won't make it.

I think there's a 75% chance of this clashing with Ringmeet (same weekend or week after) so I won't make it.

Hopefully they're not the same weekend. And if you don't make it, how will you steal the LUCILLE license plate off that white/pink Fairlane.

In theory, yes. But we'll have to live according to Nürburgring event calendar. And while I've campaigned for some other event weekends, they are usually in July. And OGP is one of few events in August when old track stays open for most of the weekend.

I can't speak for Stef, but the rest of Team Texas won't be attending Ringmeet 2020 unless we hit the lottery and no longer need to work for a living. The time off and cost to get over there just wont jive for us next year. Woodward is doable as a long weekend though, so there's a much better chance of us attending that.

If they’re on different weekends next year, theres a chance I’ll make it to Ringmeet, but if they’re on the same weekend, I’m obviously picking the home team.

We’ve found some real gold on CL. We’ll just have to see how finances work out going into 2020.

You can afford a Jeep with a stroker but not a flight to ringmeet?

I’ve thought about going to Woodward but I’ve never been a fan of walking around cars that don’t move or travel more than 20mph...

You can afford a Jeep with a stroker but not a flight to ringmeet?

I’ve thought about going to Woodward but I’ve never been a fan of walking around cars that don’t move or travel more than 20mph...

Can’t afford either at the moment lol. I don’t have unlimited PTO, that’s why no RingMeet again. Also if any car is purchased, it’ll be split amongst three of us.

Can’t afford either at the moment lol. I don’t have unlimited PTO, that’s why no RingMeet again. Also if any car is purchased, it’ll be split amongst three of us.

Ahhh, it all makes sense now.

Yeah, the other two have much more limited time off than I do. Glad I work for a European company! Of course, they make more than I do, though :razz: