The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

That is going to be the final straw for many republicans. Several have already expressed their outrage at this.

Dems aren't bringing impeachment up for a vote simply because a) they'd lose, and b) that would give subpoena power to the Reps and Biden would be in deep doo-doo. It's better for the Dems to just keep stalling and bad-mouthing Trump with made-up stories like Schiff's.

It takes 218 votes to impeach in the house, they wouldn't lose that vote. The decision that the trial in the senate results in could end up leaving Trump in a better place, depending on its outcome.

Two of Giuliani's associates connected with the Ukraine scandal were just arrested on campaign finance charges.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/us/politics/lev-parnas-igor-fruman-arrested-giuliani.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

As for the House not having the votes to impeach - people need to stop watching Fox News. There are 225 representatives openly in favor of impeachment, the threshold is 218. Plus, over 60% of the country now favors impeachment and even a Fox News poll showed 51% in favor - and that's fucking Fox News! Trump reacted to the poll by criticizing Fox, saying "Fox doesn't deliver for the US anymore." (Once again showing his despot tendencies of equating himself to the state.)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/10/trump-attacks-fox-news-over-impeachment-poll.html

What I want to know is where the hell were the Kurds when George Washington was taking back our airports from the British?

Last edited:
He is technically correct, which we all know is the best kind of correct.

He is shamelessly putting up ridiculous excuses to a shameful decision, and makes everybody lose time and attention for nothing.

He doesn't even have the guts to admit his own actions and to the public he only blabs out useless BS.
Makes you understand the meaning of the words "honour", "shame", "courage", "cowardice".

What a shameful individual, who squanders America's respect like this.

Disgusting.

The only good thing about this is that Republicans are starting to break rank. I guess there is a line even the GOP won't cross.

He is shamelessly putting up ridiculous excuses to a shameful decision, and makes everybody lose time and attention for nothing.

He doesn't even have the guts to admit his own actions and to the public he only blabs out useless BS.
Makes you understand the meaning of the words "honour", "shame", "courage", "cowardice".

What a shameful individual, who squanders America's respect like this.

Disgusting.
My post was in jest, thought futurama reference woulda made it clear

My post was in jest, thought futurama reference woulda made it clear

Sorry, I must admit I didn't get the reference. My ignorance, my fault.

(also, this move from Trump really did get on my nerves, so I haven't thought enough about hidden references).

Sorry, I must admit I didn't get the reference. My ignorance, my fault.

(also, this move from Trump really did get on my nerves, so I haven't thought enough about hidden references).
I agree it was a very fucked up move, I’m all for withdrawing our troops from where they don’t need to be but it can be handled much more gracefully...

I agree it was a very fucked up move, I’m all for withdrawing our troops from where they don’t need to be but it can be handled much more gracefully...

There are several bad things: the betrayal is already bad enough, the loss of image and of face for the USA, plus the disvalued word, the public caving in to Erdogan, the worrying signs of weakness, the seeming lack of a long-term strategy or maybe a colossal case of errors and inadequacies.

But the first part could really be interpreted as a move of realpolitik and the second part could be interpreted as the signs of a dwindling US power or influence. Loss of power, loss of image, loss of opportunities and a general sense of defeat, but can be thought as part of a working strategy

What is really only abominable is the way Trump handled the situation on a public level. He either has no clue whatsoever or he is not actually caring for the US interests. Plus the buffooneries suggested by his narcissism.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e0c88a-eb6d-11e9-9c6d-436a0df4f31d_story.html

At least four national security officials raised alarms about Ukraine policy before and after Trump call with Ukrainian president

At least four national security officials were so alarmed by the Trump administration’s attempts to pressure Ukraine for political purposes that they raised concerns with a White House lawyer both before and immediately after President Trump’s July 25 call with that country’s president, according to U.S. officials and other people familiar with the matter.

The nature and timing of the previously undisclosed discussions with National Security Council legal adviser John Eisenberg indicate that officials were delivering warnings through official White House channels earlier than previously understood — including before the call that precipitated a whistleblower complaint and the impeachment inquiry of the president.

At the time, the officials were unnerved by the removal in May of the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, by subsequent efforts by Trump’s lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani to promote Ukraine-related conspiracies, as well as by signals in meetings at the White House that Trump wanted the new government in Kiev to deliver material that might be politically damaging to Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

Those concerns soared in the call’s aftermath, officials said. Within minutes, senior officials including national security adviser John Bolton were being pinged by subordinates about problems with what the president had said to his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelensky. Bolton and others scrambled to obtain a rough transcript that was already being “locked down” on a highly classified computer network.

“When people were listening to this in real time, there were significant concerns about what was going on — alarm bells were kind of ringing,” said one person familiar with the sequence of events inside the White House, who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter. “People were trying to figure out what to do, how to get a grasp on the situation.”

It is unclear whether some or all of the officials who complained to Eisenberg are also the ones who later spoke to the whistleblower.

The accounts are sharply at odds with Trump’s depiction of the call as a “perfect” exchange in which he “did nothing wrong,” despite appearing to link U.S. support for Ukraine to that country’s willingness to investigate the family of the former vice president. On Thursday, Trump renewed his attacks on Twitter, describing the impeachment inquiry as a “Democrat Scam.”

But new details about the sequence inside the White House suggest that concerns about the call and events leading up to it were profound even among Trump’s top advisers, including Bolton and then-acting deputy national security adviser Charles Kupperman. Bolton and Kupperman did not respond to requests for comment.

Officials said that within hours of the 9 a.m. conversation, a rough transcript compiled by aides had been moved from a widely shared White House computer network to one normally reserved for highly classified intelligence operations. According to the whistleblower’s complaint, White House lawyers “directed” officials to move the transcript to the classified system. At the same time, officials were seeking ways to report what they had witnessed, an undertaking complicated by the lack of a White House equivalent to the inspector general positions found at other agencies.

As a result, one official who had listened on the call went “immediately” to Eisenberg. By the end of the next day, at least two others who had either heard the call or seen the rough transcript had also done so, said a person familiar with the matter.

More at the link.