The "Things that annoy me" thread

That’ll teach assholes to check the read receipt box. That is only there because jackasses what their stuff read now and no later when you’re in a better frame of mine.

Live in China for a year and travel extensively: no infections worth mentioning apart from the occasional inconsequential "shouldn't have eaten that" bug.

Back in Germany, watch little nephew for one afternoon while brother takes big nephew to the doctor: contract hand, foot, and mouth disease, look like something from a cheap horror movie and cancel private & business travel plans.

It's a children's disease found mostly in East Asia. :roll:

Actually it’s pretty common in Europe too. My kids had it during their nursery years.

Common here too.
Seems to be prevalent in countries where there are children.

You may wish to consider living in the Vatican.

I hope that’s the only one I “missed” when I was a child; apart from the ones against which we vaccinate, of course.

Anyway, I am getting some work done at home, stuff that had piled up but didn’t have a due date, so all is well. And instead of travelling to Sheffield and Dublin soon, I will be going to Paris and Berlin a bit later. Could be worse. :mrgreen:

When I type "red" in my browser's bar and hit "enter", it auto-populates "reddit.com".

When i type "reddi" in my browser's bar and hit "enter", it auto-populates "reddit.com".

But if I type "redd" in my browser's bar and hit "enter", it adds a "/" at the end, and then tells me, "This site can’t be reached
redd’s server IP address could not be found.
"

084.png

The bone idle arse wipe who designed or assembled the lazy Susan that sits on our dining table. Would it have been too much to ask for there to be a jig so the damn thing doesn't spin about an axis at least a centimetre off centre?

If that was an LP it would be torture to hear.

(If "lazy Susan", "centimetre" and/or "LP" confuse you then Google is your friend.

If you're still reading at this point it's possible Google is your ONLY friend.)

Maybe if you spelled centimeter correctly they wouldn't be confused?

Maybe if you spelled centimeter correctly they wouldn't be confused?
I didn't.

This is why you Yanks get into so much trouble with your lazy spelling.

And why so many paranoid parents in the Mid West bought pedometer watches thinking they would be alerted to clear and present stranger danger.

When I type "red" in my browser's bar and hit "enter", it auto-populates "reddit.com".

When i type "reddi" in my browser's bar and hit "enter", it auto-populates "reddit.com".

But if I type "redd" in my browser's bar and hit "enter", it adds a "/" at the end, and then tells me, "This site can’t be reached
redd’s server IP address could not be found.
"

084.png
It's learning from your manual tabcomplete actions.

Was watching a movie on Hulu last night - was the TV version and had fade to black moments for where ads would go despite having no ads. Fucking why? Just show the actual movie version.

Hewlett fucking Packard

I've got a Samsung printer that I bought two years ago, specifically going for something that was NOT made by HP. It used to work beautifully. Cue HP's takeover of Samsung's printer business and literally the first firmware update ruins the damn thing. :wall:

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know which printer manufacturer provides decent support for Mac OS and is not likely to be taken over by Fiorina's Feisty Fuckwits? I will have to replace a multifunction colour laser printer because its functionality has been greatly reduced.

I had a lady flash her high beams at me after I didn’t let her in fast enough to pass a truck. Driving from Lincoln, IL to St Louis, MO earlier this week and this lady needs to pass a semi truck in the right lane. I’m doing 75mph, I’m guessing her doing 65-70. Her car was slightly ahead when her signal comes on, she looks over and I pass by. Once she gets behind me I get mirrors full of lights. Have some damn patience, my goodness.