iPhone / iOS Thread

this kind of thing is irrelevant to me, my phones live in cases, who cares if the back is glass or plastic? It’s not like I will feel the difference.
Some people don’t use cases I guess?
I don't like using cases, as I think that just adds unnecessary bulk and cladding to the device. Also, they spent a lot of time and resources to design this device to be as attractive and elegant as possible, then it's my opinion that putting it in a case sort of defeats that effort. Therefore, my iPhone X is my first phone I have had since the iPhone 4 I had that lives permanently in a case, the case in question is the over priced original $50 leather case, as that's the only one they had in the store that I liked.

The phone I like the most out of those I have had was the iPhone 5S, I regret massively that I didn't get a 128gb space grey SE, while they still were available in stores.

I don't like using cases, as I think that just adds unnecessary bulk and cladding to the device. Also, they spent a lot of time and resources to design this device to be as attractive and elegant as possible, then it's my opinion that putting it in a case sort of defeats that effort.
I actually agree with that logic myself and really wish Apple would add metal strips to their phones for mag mounting them in cars, but considering they are all on the Car Play train at this point it likely will never happen.

I don't like using cases, as I think that just adds unnecessary bulk and cladding to the device. Also, they spent a lot of time and resources to design this device to be as attractive and elegant as possible, then it's my opinion that putting it in a case sort of defeats that effort. Therefore, my iPhone X is my first phone I have had since the iPhone 4 I had that lives permanently in a case, the case in question is the over priced original $50 leather case, as that's the only one they had in the store that I liked.

If phones today weren't so delicate, I'd run without a case, but that's not an option.

If phones today weren't so delicate, I'd run without a case, but that's not an option.
Yes, with my previous phones: the 7, 6S, 6, and 5S, I didn't bother using a case, unless I was in some high risk environment, now it's just permanently parked in the case, and I don't really like it. I kind of regret that I switched to the X.

The last phone I used without a case was the 4S. The 5S would have worked caseless too but I planned all along to sell it after a year so I used a case to keep it looking pristine. The 6+ and everything I've owned after that has just been too slippery.

And to think that I didn't like using a case on the 5S because it added too much bulk... a child sized phone by todays standards :D

The last phone I used without a case was the 4S. The 5S would have worked caseless too but I planned all along to sell it after a year so I used a case to keep it looking pristine. The 6+ and everything I've owned after that has just been too slippery.

And to think that I didn't like using a case on the 5S because it added too much bulk... a child sized phone by todays standards :D

Well, the difference is do you want to looking somebody with a thicc boner all the time or just a guy with a phone in his pocket?

That’s kind of the other issue with new phones, they are just way too thin without a case

I generally hate cases. Never had one on any of my personal iPhones (work makes us use a case).... until I got my X. I absolutely hate the protruding camera and how the phone doesn't lay flat on a table. Work gives us Otterbox Symmetry series cases which are actually really nice - minimalist, no circular cutout for the Apple logo, very barebones.

ivLq7oKm.png

Bought one for my X and have been very happy with it.

I generally hate cases. Never had one on any of my personal iPhones (work makes us use a case).... until I got my X. I absolutely hate the protruding camera and how the phone doesn't lay flat on a table. Work gives us Otterbox Symmetry series cases which are actually really nice - minimalist, no circular cutout for the Apple logo, very barebones.

ivLq7oKm.png

Yeah protruding camera is stupid, I’d rather have a slightly thicker phone that might have a bit more battery or something else cool in that space and a flat back.

I'm getting my first iPhone.

I renewed my mobile phone contract, and it came with a free iPhone 8. It's going up for sale as soon as I receive it :LOL:

ivLq7oKm.png

I’ve been interested in the Otterbox cases for a long time but they look so bulky in pictures. I mainly use a case because I need more grip and the Apple leather cases (or similar) is my go-to type of case.

I’ve been interested in the Otterbox cases for a long time but they look so bulky in pictures. I mainly use a case because I need more grip and the Apple leather cases (or similar) is my go-to type of case.
They are fucking massive, I can recommend Pitaka that I have, made out of aramid and plastic its nice and durable.

They're really not that bad. They're not the old school massive Defenders that were size of a small refrigerator. Here are both of my phones.

Gvhvz3cl.jpg

Z26bWTwl.jpg

They are fucking massive, I can recommend Pitaka that I have, made out of aramid and plastic its nice and durable.

I've been thinking about changing my slightly chunky Spigen case for a while, these look really good. A little pricey though, in this country at least.

They're really not that bad. They're not the old school massive Defenders that were size of a small refrigerator. Here are both of my phones.

ARE the size of a small refrigerator. I love the one on my 6S+. It's so nice to have the freedom to just not give a shit if you drop your phone.

So, the iPhone 12 is around the corner. If this is somewhat accurate it looks like the "standard" 12 (or 12 "mini" of whatever they will name it) is the device I have been waiting for:

It looks like it is noticeably smaller than my iPhone 7, which makes me happy. I briefly had the iPhone X, but I didn't like it's size. It's very impressive if they can squeeze flagship-level performance and usable battery life into a device that compact.