The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

I received a notification that I'll get a new glucose monitoring system slightly ahead of schedule. This way I don't need to bridge the time gap between the last sensor of my current system expiring and the arrival of the new system by either buying a sensor or falling back to pricking my fingers and losing the ability to get a continuous logging.

Today was good I guess? I got caught up on somethings at work. Since I've been out of the office quite a bit as of late it was a nice breather since things are piling up again and people need answers in a timely fashion and today was that day for most. Those that are waiting for hearing back on RMA test results? Well, that will need to be another day. Still, today felt productive instead of trying to do a burnout on an oil covered road.

An Aussie promoter is teasing a Tool tour in Feb 2020. HELL YES! Official announcement in 9 days...
If they're only doing one show per city, then I think I'll have to travel and catch a second show... I haven't been to Perth yet...:think:

Didn't you pass through on the Scottish Roadtrip? It's definitely en route from Edinburgh or Glasgow to Inverness.

#wehadthemfirst :p

I’ve done a lot of driving today (about 880km) and never had a single scary “WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME, YOU BASTARD?” moment, even though all the usual nuisances were there.

Should I buy lottery tickets next? :unsure:

Just got an email with Junior's end of term report from school. Vast improvement over last year and with just a tad more effort in biology and chemistry for his main exams next summer there is a good chance of straight As across the board.

:mouse:

Just got an email with Junior's end of term report from school. Vast improvement over last year and with just a tad more effort in biology and chemistry for his main exams next summer there is a good chance of straight As across the board.

:mouse:

My oldest brought back her science exam last week for review and signature, and she had a perfect 100%! She's the only one with a perfect score in the 2 class of third grade. Her first report card of the year shows above average in all disciplines (in science, 16% over), except phys-ed and ethics and religion, where she is 1% below the average.

Yeah Sam doesn't do well in Social and Moral Education, but as they aren't tested on that I don't give a rats.

Got tickets to see Tool, at their now confirmed Aussie tour
Actually I should clarify: They had only announced one show each in Sydney and Melbourne. By the time I got through the queue on the ticketing website, a second Melbourne show was on sale. I was still going to be in Melbourne when the second show happened, so why not....
A day later, they announced a second Sydney show as well, and a friend mentioned she'd like to go, so I snagged tickets to that too.

I now have 2 x Sydney shows, and 2 x Melbourne shows. This will double the number of times I've seen them live from four (2007, 2011, 2013 x 2), to eight!!

i just ordered tickets for Paul McCartney! :) :)
which will happen 3 days after we'll be going to see Eric Clapton
and in between i'll be celebrating our 5th year anniversary with my gf
that'll be a fun week! :mrgreen:

Prepare to be disappointed in McCartney. He stubbornly refuses to transpose his songs into a key his ageing voice can handle, so instead he screeches them in the original key.

I got a nice chunk of my Christmas shopping done almost by accident because discount. Received a 15% coupon on toys when paying for something else and it was valid only today, so I decided I might as well have a look at the toys section of the department store. After paying for the toys, I noticed that the discount printed at the bottom of the receipt was even bigger than 15% because two items had already been discounted and I got the 15% on those, too. :smile:

And earlier on, I got a 30% discount on a few die cast model aircraft because the shop I had gone to to order two different ones was selling off its remaining stock (of model aircraft). There was even more on the shelf that I liked... another day, perhaps.

So I went to see my GP last month about my persistent night time acid reflux. I now have some great meds for that but in view of my age (just turned 50) she suggested a bit of a TuV/MOT test.

Went to see them yesterday for the blood test results. Nothing came back bar higher end on the blood sugar levels and ever so slightly raised LDL cholesterol levels which they are going to monitor.

The other even better news is that my blood pressure is excellent at only 110/70 and my LFT came back just fine which will surprise many folk who I've shared a Ringmeet Party Tent with!

i just ordered tickets for Paul McCartney! :) :)
which will happen 3 days after we'll be going to see Eric Clapton
and in between i'll be celebrating our 5th year anniversary with my gf
that'll be a fun week! :mrgreen:
Ive already got 3 concerts scheduled for 2020 (well tickets for one isn't on sale yet but hopefully 3) I am so glad I am well enough to attend them again. I managed a few in this year and the previous year.

Before that I think the last concert i went to was cruefest '09 and i distinctly remember having to sit in the car and wait for feeling to come back in my feet so I could even drive home and the sad resignation that it would probably be my last concert.

It was not even my last motley crue concert most likely, given they are coming back in august. I'm so glad. Thank god for compression stockings and good comfortable boots lmao.

Went to Specsavers yesterday with Junior for eye tests, heavily braced for major wallet rape.

Seems my eyes haven't changed in the last 18 months, he still doesn't need glasses and they are currently offering free sight tests to all customers.

Total bill £10 because I paid to have an optional deep layer retinal scan to check for signs of macular degeneration and any other defects.

Which came back 100% fine.