Today I Learnt...

TIL that at least two of my colleagues, both men in their 30s, have never set light to one of their own farts.

What the hell is wrong with these people?
I can’t speak for your colleagues, but if I did that with one of mine, there would be a new spate of forest fires here on the west coast.

• Haha
Reactions: MWF
I can’t speak for your colleagues, but if I did that with one of mine, there would be a new spate of forest fires here on the west coast.
And you would find yourself in Tokyo?

Is this normal?

Attachments

• IMG_0404.mov
    12.9 MB
I just found out that one of my favorite games of all time was used to promote the Plymouth Neon.

i had no idea that car was also released as a plymouth
it's always been a dodge over here (whose line up consisted of the neon and the ram :lol: )

i had no idea that car was also released as a plymouth
it's always been a dodge over here (whose line up consisted of the neon and the ram :lol: )

It was also sold under the Chrysler brand in several markets. I guess they wanted to cover all the angles.

Yeah we only ever had it as the Chrysler Neon. Still a plastic POS with a wheezy motor and face that looked like it had just had a surprise visit from the vet's forearm.

I just found out that one of my favorite games of all time was used to promote the Plymouth Neon.

Croly Hap! I played the hell out of that demo back in day (attempted to at least, the family computer was below the minimum specs). Not sure how well that ad campaign worked considering I was years away from a licenses and haven't yet bought a Dodge in my entire life.

I seem to be learning a bunch of weird auto related items this week.

That funky thing is a turbine engine... Yes, a turbine engine running directly off the differential.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbonique

"TB-28", the "drag axle", a micro-turbine to be mounted directly to the rear axle of a vehicle. It would supplement the power of the conventional engine, usually driving the axle via a Borg Warner sprag clutch, and was intended for drag racing. The price for a complete unit was US$4,695.[2] Power output was stated as up to 1,300 hp (970 kW), and it was essentially a on/off device.[4]

Holy shit, that is insane!

Going to forward these to some of our powertrain guys.

Just add rockets and turbines to everything! lol

TIL that my washing machine, an old front loading Miele that I bought used, tolerates a certain amount of jury-rigging. The door lock has failed and as long as I keep the door closed with a sort of toolbox tourniquet, the machine doesn’t mind that the lock is broken.

9AA1343D-2989-468A-A370-D1A2CED8CDCC.jpeg

Last edited:
It's a Miele so you can probably get the lock as a spare.

It's a Miele so you can probably get the lock as a spare.
Probably, but first I‘ll see what the people from the used appliance shop can do. Fixing my dishwasher was one thing, but the washing machine with its 1500rpm spin cycle is a different animal.

When I first read that, I was hoping for something more like this:

Nevertheless, you'd make MacGyver proud. :p

TIL that my washing machine, an old front loading Miele that I bought used, tolerates a certain amount of jury-rigging. The door lock has failed and as long as I keep the door closed with a sort of toolbox tourniquet, the machine doesn’t mind that the lock is broken.

View attachment 3556710

TIL that Skoda made an AWD version of the Fabia.

:blowup:

Of the Fabia? Which generation? I didn't know the PQ24 nor the PQ26 platforms ever had any AWD iteration.