The "Things that annoy me" thread

Given how much @CrzRsn likes flying, that might be a viable option. :p :D

Trust me, I was debating it. No cheap flights to and/or through AMS that fit my schedule right now though.

How soon do you need it? As long as its compatible with the little-plastic-bag-for-liquids-rule and will survive a USPS trip from Florida, I may be able to help at the end of the month.

The person that owns the vehicle that was started at 5 minutes to 5am with the bad exhaust. All of your neighbors hate you.

We understood the first morning it was like this, but that was a few weeks ago. Fix your shit!

You should wrap the exhaust in tape for them to help fix the leak. Then the rest of the car for good measure.

If I were to do anything, I would shove potatoes up the tailpipe.

How soon do you need it? As long as its compatible with the little-plastic-bag-for-liquids-rule and will survive a USPS trip from Florida, I may be able to help at the end of the month.

Thanks for the offer, but its too much liquid for carryon. I may have to give my dad a placeholder gift and pick it up when I'm in Europe next time (100% July, but maybe earlier). I'll need to coordinate with some Euro FGers for that..... and some other Euro only stuff I want that doesn't ship here....

Yeah, best option is to fly alcohol in checked luggage if you really want it and even then, be careful you don't exceed 5L or transport more than 70% ABV. 5L seems quite excessive after reading the limits. "This is my therapy liquor."
Don't rely on just bubble wrap to keep your bottles safe, though. Wrap each in a t-shirt at least. Last time I flew, one of them broke in my suitcase. :(

Don't rely on just bubble wrap to keep your bottles safe, though. Wrap each in a t-shirt at least.
Yup. A shirt around the bottle plus plastic bag around the shirt is ideal in my experience, and of course any glass bottles packaged this way still shouldn’t touch anything sturdy such as metal.

I've been really lucky the past 2 ringmeets as I've just wrapped bottles (because Frailer!) in shirts and made sure they were placed in the middle of my bag. So far so good.

But if it's that bad, that old trick wouldn't do anything except make the muffler explode. More.

Which might force them to take care of it, or get the attention of the police. I would not do it though. More realistically, I would go ring their doorbell and complain.

Which might force them to take care of it, or get the attention of the police. I would not do it though. More realistically, I would go ring their doorbell and complain.

When you are done with that, would you explain to my neighbors that their damned roosters crowing at 4 am is not cool. People are trying to sleep.

If it were me, I’d actually get my firearms license, buy a 9mm and shoot the rooster, that will teach ‘em.

You'd want a shotgun for that task, so you can fry the rooster.

i think i'd prefer a 9mm, a nice single hole from a bullet that went right through > picking lead buckshots from your mouth after every bite

Crossbow?