Random Thoughts....

I agree with @CraigB
A bit too bright everywhere for my taste, but not wrong per se.

Thanks

Yes, and I am a bit worried.

Yeah, as someone who lives in the same metropolitan area as two major tourist attractions, I'm honestly kinda worried. If I was running the country, I'd be tempted to shut down all air travel between the US and China.

Following, but not overly concerned. There’s very little that can be done about asymptomatic carriers who have already travelled from the site of the initial infection and as a general rule, I avoid worrying about things that I cannot possibly change.

However, the Chinese authorities have finally woken up in typical fashion; i.e. they’re now “cracking down hard” after doing nothing for too long. We’ll have to wait and see if measures such as quarantining entire cities will help.

Dr. Perry Cox said:
Loretta... relax. I've been involved in every ridiculous TV-induced panic there is: poison pills, SARS, West Nile, North Face, South Fork, East River, monkey pox, Pop Rocks, toilet snakes, mad cow, bird flu, swine flu and, quite frankly, every other flu that you could really only catch if you actually fornicate with the animal it's named for.

He sure lived up to his last name.

Yes, I have followed some of what is going on with the coronavirus. It is both disturbing and reassuring. If handled well, we will be okay. If they fumble this just a bit, we could be fucked.

The way that the Ebola virus was, and is being handled, is the same way. There was a bit of a fumble, but it seems to be back under control. Only time will tell in both situations.

Well, a second case is confirmed in Chicago, and 3 more possible are currently under investigation in Michigan.

Well perfect timing going to Maui and then mileage run OGG-SAN-SFO-SEA-DEN. Hope it cooks off before I go.

Boring. It's a form of flu. Some people will die, most will live, nothing much to see here.

Reactions: MWF
But it's a very useful thing to fill up news reports so that we don't get to hear about the other stuff they don't want us to hear about.

^ I've been impressed by the South China Morning Post they produce some solid articles

So...I was a teenager before I realized that "W" is "Double-u", meaning "UU". And the only reason that I figured it out, as a teenager, was because I learned that in French that the letter was double vé. Prior to that, I thought it was doublyu or whatever way you pronounced it in your region.

Last edited: