The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

Seeing/hearing reports this morning that the Iowa caucus turned into a nightmare. Apparently the DNC decided to use an app to record votes but some organizers couldn't figure out how to log into it and some reported poor cell reception. To top it off, there was some issue or glitch with the app and uhh... we still don't have the results. Still, several candidates are basically declaring victory but now the entire caucus is in jeopardy - I don't know if we'll be able to trust the results even after they do come out. Maybe the DNC is trying to rig yet another primary against Bernie.

So, they have fucked up electronic voting, and you immediately assume it's done intentionally to cheat in favour of one of the candidates? Wow.

Electronic voting is always a disaster waiting to happen. Add wonky cell reception, and you see the result here.

So, they have fucked up electronic voting, and you immediately assume it's done intentionally to cheat in favour of one of the candidates? Wow.
It was half tongue-in-cheek but there is precedent there. In any case, this is a total clusterfuck and casts doubt on any results that will eventually get released.

It's time to dig this one out again!

voting_software_2x.png

Iowa caucus is delayed because of "irregularities". Just to note Republicans had similar issues in 2012. The issue isn't the candidates, or Democratic party, the problem which, no one can say (not media, party, or candidates) is IOWA! I've been to Iowa it's pizza sucks, the people suck, and the whole place smells.

I'M SIGNIFICANT! Iowa cried out into the void.

Iowa needs to end the caucus nonsense. Do it properly, record votes, tally them, and then report the results.

Caucuses I don't think are that bad of a thing. Another idea would be an alternative vote method or instant runoff method. The media doesn't want to alienate viewers. The party and candidates don't want to alienate voters. So nobody is truly pointing to the real problem: Iowans.

The name sounds fucking stupid to me. What’s wrong with holding a Primary and not make a circus of the whole thing?

The name sounds fucking stupid to me. What’s wrong with holding a Primary and not make a circus of the whole thing?

Well a caucus is something is more fluid than just one vote. It is a big game of red rover; yes, but it's a better job of unifying groups of voter coalitions. The circus was in not keeping it simple: a paper preference card, go stand by your table, speeches, food, second round preference paper and standing. The "let's have an app!" sounds like the window dressing of high tech garbage. Imagine teaching grandma how to download an app, how to use that app, and follow speeches by candidate surrogates... Plus they're Iowans!

What a clusterfuck!!!

Iowa has done this to Republicans and Democrats time and time again. Iowa sucks put the first primary or caucus in Texas, Illinois, Nevada, Kansas, Djibouti...

I’m watching some of the speeches PBS is puking on my YouTube feed. Fucking Iowa’s idea of a PA system. Tiny ass speakers placed BEHIND the microphones and you put the mics down by peoples belly buttons and it’s a small wonder you’re getting feedback. Dipshits!

Bernie is basically a “because fuck Donald trump” it seems. Pete has a much more obnoxious crowd though Pete has a similar mantra on top of “I’m a good old boy from the Midwest.” Heh, lets see... Pete just seems like a performer more than anything. I guess I should go look up to see what’s so great about him.