The Gun thread

SBR paperwork came back and my shot timer arrived. Had some fun running 1,000 and change rounds through the SP5 this weekend. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

As much as I don't want to, I think I'll add a red dot as I am struggling a bit with the diopter sight (grouping high and left). But I'm excited to get this thing out to a competition in a couple weeks.

73323D6F-A7E9-4238-B877-6B57211CC4D2.jpeg

Henry Arms is making a new model with a synthetic stock, and I'm seriously considering the consequences of getting one.

I just wish I could have it in a guide gun length in stainless - or the All Weather .45-70 with a gate load.

Anyone have a source for AK stuff in Russia? I'd like to get a few more Bakelite mags, but I don't want to pay current US prices.
As an update to this, I've found a few sites with bakelite mags for sale for the equivalent of 10-15 bucks. The only problem will be getting them past Russian export controls and US Customs.

As an update to this, I've found a few sites with bakelite mags for sale for the equivalent of 10-15 bucks. The only problem will be getting them past Russian export controls and US Customs.

Good thing bakelite mags are art curiosities and not weapon parts, right?

[Insert pic of mag taped to wall here]

Apart from "M1911 pistol" everything else sounds like bullshit.

Actually, I think it's the opposite. That's a 1911 but not specifically a true M1911 spec. It really is made in part out of a meteorite though.

Not bullshit, except the price. They're $4.5 million for the pair.
Made by these guys: https://cabotguns.com/
They generally make If-you-have-to-ask-how-much-it-costs-you-can't-afford-it kind of guns.

Oh, and they're still for sale.

I see.

I have still never shot one.

They're ok, depending on the manufacturer and your expectations. I'd never carry one but they're cool guns, fun to shoot, and I like the history of the design. I used to have a Remington R1 that was pretty junky but the RIAs like the one I just bought are supposed to be quite decent so we'll see.

Just did a thing

AfFmfwX.jpg

I finally got all the paperwork a few weeks ago, so I was able to bring my newest Shadow 2 back home after competing a match (in which I shot like shit).

Here is heavy metal band together (alternate name: Steel Pistols) :

DSC_9689_lznb80ec96fc7a43dd5.jpg

I also got myself a proper pistol case, much better for transport than using the crappy CZ box the guns came in, or using the rifle case that also contains the Scorpion (no point in bringing that one when I go to a match).

DSC_9694_lzna952e2d47fd48947.jpg

Last edited:
Wait...I forgot you had TWO...

Wait...I forgot you had TWO...

I had one, until I decided to get one with optic as a Christmas present to myself.

I don't know if I'm selling the original, or if I keep it as a spare.