New Camaro concept picture

Of course moving ahead isn't so good. Govt tracking of cars? Britain? What?

The entire world is fucked.

the entire world is fucked. but who cares that GM and Ford and Crysler are going back to makeing cars that came out of the 60's. i think they finally got some brains in there heads. europe doenst have classic muscle cars like america. no one does. and whats the problem with moving back and making somthing new look like somthing from the past? :bangin:

MasterEvilAce said:
The Ford Mustang started it... because the retro design was so successful, other carmakers are trying to take their sales.

They're really late to the ballgame, though

whenever a new mustang hits the market it will sell good (atleast in north america) I don't know how the new one is better than the rest really. mustangs are icons here even if it looked like a civic it'll sell. so they dodn't do anything special, besides those retro looks make the cars look cheap, bulky and plasticky for some reason, you won't look at the thing and say wow! steeeel!

actually the VW bug started it, they made the new one very similar to the old one, then BMW/Mini did the same, then the pony car. i dont think that idea is crap, and people agree since the new bug is going good, the new mini is too, and the mustang is also going strong.

i think that they are going to try to ride this because it's easy and they think people wont get tired of it. i for one can no longer think the same of the old mustang, it's just whored out now :eek:

It's like the guy that designed the new and quite sexy Mustang was stabbed in the eyes halfway through design and came up with this instead.

It's fucking horrible.

chevrolet-camaro-unveil-f.jpg

Dodge unveiled its Challenger, and Chevrolet its Camaro, in Detroit.

The Camaro Concept is "intended to explore customer reaction to design and engineering elements that might lead to an all-new version of the Camaro", says GM coyly, but it's a safe bet that this one's pencilled in for production, to give GM a rival to the Challenger, Ford's reborn Mustang and suchlike.

GM sold over 699,000 Camaro coupes during 1966-69, its first three years on sale, and this two-door GT concept harks back to the original Mk1, particularly the 1969 model. It's not as painstakingly recreated as the Challenger, with GM taking a line similar to that of Ford with the Mustang: mixing classic design cues and details with an otherwise modern design to create a car that was clearly a descendant, but an all-new generation.

A similar brief was followed, however. GM global design chief Ed Welburn said: "Millions of people of all ages fell in love with the Camaro for all of the right reasons. Camaros were beautiful to look at and offered performance that could rival expensive European GTs. Yet they were practical enough to drive every day and priced within the reach of many new car buyers."

The new Camaro, therefore, combines a version of the Corvette's 400bhp 6.0-litre V8 and six-speed manual transmission with fuel-saving cylinder shutdown technology to push it to 30mpg, and though it's very much a low-slung, long-bonneted design, it's claimed to be easy to drive and park around town, and to have adequate space for two adults in the back. The fuel economy may be enough to prevent a repeat of the original Camaro's demise: it fell out of favour in times of fuel shortages and high petrol prices.

Rear-wheel drive, this Camaro has been developed for more than just straight-line speed: it has independent suspension all around with progressive-rate springs and gas-pressure dampers, and should be a bit better at going round corners than its predecessors. The show car rides on huge five-spoke alloy wheels, 21 inches in diameter up front and 22-inchers at the rear.

Should it get the green light - and bar GM sliding into bankruptcy, it will - the Camaro is still some way off production, however. GM stalled development of large rear-wheel drive models for a while, and the Camaro is now expected to be based on the upcoming Zeta Lite platform developed by Australian division Holden for its next-generation Commodore. This platform could also spawn closely-related models for other GM brands - namely Pontiac, which could also try to cash in on muscle car nostalgia, reviving the Firebird.

I think is fine... the car was beatiful in the sixties.. I think this is the way it should look if they have developed properly all this years...... and yes.. Americans dont know to do proper sport cars... or any car at all... but the retros are the exeption!NICE WORK :bangin:

Its like everything is going retro, i mean look at the movies - harry potter, LOTRs, Chronicles of Narda, and so on are based in olden days. Instead of thinking ahead which these people dont do. theyre taking a step back and then trying to take a leap forward.

I dont think its a Great idea, but at the same time its not as bad. yeah theyre redesigning and all making it look good, but they arent going reach the next level. its like editing an essay paper. its basically the same tihng just enhanced.

They should go ahead make something out of the blue. let their minds go free. surprize us all not try to dazzel us by bringing somethings thats pretty much gone. Its a good car. but it couldve been alot better!

and why are all the companies using the corvette's engine? is it that good or r they that lazy to get out their n make their own?

:S

mojo_786 said:
Its like everything is going retro, i mean look at the movies - harry potter, LOTRs, Chronicles of Narda, and so on are based in olden days. Instead of thinking ahead which these people dont do. theyre taking a step back and then trying to take a leap forward.

I dont think its a Great idea, but at the same time its not as bad. yeah theyre redesigning and all making it look good, but they arent going reach the next level. its like editing an essay paper. its basically the same tihng just enhanced.

They should go ahead make something out of the blue. let their minds go free. surprize us all not try to dazzel us by bringing somethings thats pretty much gone. Its a good car. but it couldve been alot better!

and why are all the companies using the corvette's engine? is it that good or r they that lazy to get out their n make their own?

:S

The Corvette engine is GM's engine. The LS family of engines give you lots of horsepower and torque and with the right gearbox, good mpg as well. It's always been that way. The small block chevy is cheap to produce and compact.

mojo_786 said:
Its like everything is going retro, i mean look at the movies - harry potter, LOTRs, Chronicles of Narda, and so on are based in olden days.

...Harry Potter is "retro"? What era of the future do you live in? ;)

This "new" retro fad is popular because all the baby boomers are getting the money and the time to re-experience the cars from their youth, so its a given that the Big Three are trying to cash in on this. I love the looks and the big horsepower numbers we're getting from these cars, and the idea of a Camaro with 400 brake AND independent suspension; however, IF the Camaro makes it into production, I think we all know it'll look nothing like the concept. If GM doesn't get it public within a year, it won't happen. Despite their success in the Asian market, GM is still playing catch-up - the fact that the Camaro isn't already on the street underlines one of their major failings.

GM is already going bank rupt. they have to come out with somthing they can get flying off the market so they can stay in the game. there getting owned by all the japs and other car makers. chevy in peticular. there newer cars just fucking suck. asides fromt he new z06 that is, new impala and all that other crap are all front wheel drive peices of shit. if GM wanted to sell. theyd have to go to somthign alot diffrent from the same straight edge designers that they used for the new cadillac's. i like the old school look. im glad ford did it and i was happy to hear that chevy was also coming back with the camaro. but the front alone makes it just some ugly peice of shit. they shoulda done what dodge did with the challenger. make it look exactly the same yet all modern stuff so it actually stopped and turned... brainless

from what i heard the HHR is actually selling decently well.

I've only seen one HHR so far...apparently they aren't doing as well as forcasted, GM just cut them by 25%.

not bad... i just think its too pointy...

i like the HHR. but no matter how many HHR's theyll sell will bring them back to a level playing field