Redback Spyder

matt_shaw

Just another .ca?
http://carbontech.com.au/

Australian built supercar anyone? It's not road legal yet but they're working on it.

I think it kinda looks like one of those Ultima's with the bubble cockpit thing. $250,000AU though!!! I also find the site really funny

I dont like the look and i has a pushrod engine, but then Australia was discovered after America so I ll give them credit for that. ;) It's not my case, but it should have some potential.
Is this car legal for Racing? Looks good for the GT3 series or N?rburgring 24h... :thumbsup:

That's pretty damn ugly. It's a classic example of why professional car designers are paid a lot of money to design something that looks right. This thing looks like a pregnant wasp. And not in a good way.

Mechanically, it's a typical Australian home-grown go-absurdly-fast psycho-mobile ... that's completely unaffordable, totally un-registerable and utterly irrelevant. Nice try guys, but Elfin are doing similar things for a lot less cash.

looks like crap from the front, the headlights shouldnt be there at all. and the rear is very much like the ultima.
i like their description of the engine "GOES LIKE LAST WEEKS PAY"

Yeah, I heard about this a while ago. The guy who is building them took one over to the US where he showed Jay Leno and some other high profile motoring enthusiasts. Apparrently, it got a very very warm reaction. I'm no fan though. It looks shit. The Joss is a far nicer thing. Just we haven't had any news on that for a year so I'm starting to think it's a stillborn project.

I just dont like the engine choice with this car. I need a high revving motor.

The Radicals are my favorite with the Hayabusa engines, beautiful.

gosh, that's ugly

and pretty high off the ground as well for a die hard race car

flyingfridge said:
I'm no fan though. It looks shit. The Joss is a far nicer thing. Just we haven't had any news on that for a year so I'm starting to think it's a stillborn project.

people generally hate the ultima's looks though they shut up when they hear the performance stats. as far as engine choice goes, a big heavy engine can affect handling but this is a drag car considering the light chassis and body.

as far as the zonda comment, i have to say they saw a pic of a zonda, went "I WANT THAT" and bought exterior components that looked similar/same to zonda ones. the problem came when they got to assembling the car, they got mad drunk and needless to say, the next morning they were asleep naked on the floor and the car looked like that.

hanasand said:
It has as many eyes as a spider, and it sure looks like a stupid little spider as well..
Who the hell will pay 250,000 Australian $ to drive around in a bit fast silly bug.
Yeah exactly! $247K will get you a CLS55 8)

...oh and a big X4 to "never post again" hahaha :lol: