New Rule - Compulsory Press Conference

pdanev

Forum Addict
From now on, people that finish on the podium, i.e. the top 3, have to give a short summary of their race, just like you see with F1 for example.

Briefly tell us, how the race was from your perspective. How was the setup, how did the tires cope with the challenge, was the pit stop smooth, any crashes or contacts with other racers, did you make some mistakes like hit the wall a bit, go off the grass, hit the curb and damaged suspension etc etc etc. Was the race hard, did you have to overtake many people, was someone slowing you down, did you have a neck to neck dogfight with someone for a better position etc. You get the idea I hope.

These will be published on our site (http://lfs.finalgear.com), to make the site a bit more entartaining and dynamic, and to get some more traffic/hits.

You should submit your story via PM either to Firefox or to me, as soon as possible.

Oh, this goes for both the Sprint Race and the Feature race. People that were on podium in both races have to submit 1 common "report", whereas people that got onto the podium in only one of the races, have to summarize that respectively.

Don't go writing novels, just 5-6sentences that summarize the race from your point of view. :)

Oh cmon... Compulsory? Sounds like a homework. Some people are just not that good to tell stuff (like me), others will be happy to, even if they don't finish in top3. No offense, but I don't think this topic deserves to be an announcement. Just make another line in FAQ..

A few sentences isn't much of a homework imo. :dunno:

It's an announcement for a few days to make sure everyone notices, after that I'll take it off obviously. :)

I wouldn't mind, but for me to finish in top 3 would take a miracle or only 3 people to show up for a race :p

The idea behind this is to get info, and make a storyline on the site, maybe even put together some "article" like summaries. And for that, we need info from racers. It's much more time consuming to watch through a replay 3times, from each racers perspective and see what happened, that would take 3hours+. It's much easier imo, if people that finished on podium, and even others if they want to, to write a few sentences in a PM, that is going to take not more than 2minutes.

I'll just do an Alonso. "We go very maximum attack!"

I think this is a good idea... I like it, since I'm back in racing... me could setup a group of people who will publish a fortnight or monthly newsletter and have a mailing list setup on the LFS site, like the main site (maybe Viper could help us?) so we could email it to everyone on the list and also post it on the site

mgkdk said:
I wouldn't mind, but for me to finish in top 3 would take a miracle or only 3 people to show up for a race :p

So you're like the Japanese guys who buy themselves into F1 ;-)