How to back up GameCube games?

awdrifter

My friend just got a GameCube and he wants to know what's needed to back up GameCube games and what does he need to play the back ups? Anyone knows where I can find a guide on how to do this? (Backup games and modding a GC) Thanks.

I've heard of various ways to do it, but all of them involved buying quite a lot of material (chips, small disks, computer link cables, image loaders etc.) which made it not worthwhile in my books as there weren't that many GC games that I wanted.

And those that I did want I didn't mind paying for...as I steal so many other games paying for a couple wouldn't kill me. :lol:

Well, he might just rent them and backup them. ;) Some sites I found says you need a game called Fantasy Online and a lot of stuff. But I found a modchip site that sells a Viper Extreme chip that make it seems like you can directly stream the game's image from your pc. Does anyone here have any experience with GC? If he can get this to work I'm going to go over to his house and play Resident Evil 0. :mrgreen: So please help. Thanks for the info.