QupiX

Ok i know most of you can't read this, but the specs are really :shock:

Article: http://www.autoweek.nl/newsdisp.php?ID=4796&cache=no

1064 hp @ 6950 rpm
1114 NM
0-100: under 3 sec.
Top: 440 km/h / 275 m/h :shock:

d3a3af2829cf22bf044e52459fca77d8.jpg

440km/h?? Please, I can barely hold back my laughter. I highly doubt it will reach that speed

Pfftt 440km/h my butt. Even if it does reach that speed, I'm not convinced that Shelby will have the brake technology to enable it to come to a complete stop let alone keep it to the ground itself.

Its also ugly in comparison to other supercars...it has a badge most people would never have heard of and I dought it will have a chassis that could cope with all that power. Anyone can have 1000bhp in their cars...its whether they can handle them or not.

VEYRON IS TEH KING!!!

it just reminds me of an ugly lambo ripoff and i am with everyone else i highly doubt its going to be going 275 anytime soon.

TF

440km/h? Tell 'em they're dreamin! I'd love to see it happen but I so very much doubt it will.

As SL65 said, it is also rather ugly. It has presence, that's for sure but good looks? Sorry.

Maybe all off you could wait first and see what it can do before saying that sort of things. SL65, i dont think you have any idea what shelby is capable of. I think it c?n reach that speed, just because they have so much experience in building sportscars. And why would they give these specs if they were not true? And btw, i think more people have heard from shelby then from bugatti :) But, we will see, maybe you're right, but i doubt it:)

QupiX said:
SL65, i dont think you have any idea what shelby is capable of. I think it c?n reach that speed, just because they have so much experience in building sportscars. And why would they give these specs if they were not true?
440km/h is probably a claimed speed that they think it can achieve. Is it capable? Who knows, but I'm not completly doughting it can do it, I guess I'm questioning this supercar as a complete package. So I'm not convinced it will have as good brakes as other hypercars and it wouldn't handle as good as them either. Obviously these are assumptions, but based on the other work Shelby has done, we'll just have to see whats what.

like the Orca, its just another very low production supercar with high ambitions
i dont completely doubt its claims however

QupiX said:
And why would they give these specs if they were not true?

:lol: Of course no manufacturer ever lies about the performance of the vehicles...

It ain't going to crack 440km/h, if it does I'll eat my hat. Yes it has the power, but does it have the aero? Does it have the cooling? Does it have the stability?

Think about the time and money it took Bugatti to crack 400km/h, and you're telling me this will do 35+km/h *more* with pretty much the same power? No way known my friend, no way known.

yes they lie, but even when it was 430km/h, it wouldn't matter :p BTW, any of you ever saw that special saleen s7? That should also be faster then the bugatti, hope top gear will test it this season:)

This car COULD be capable of 440 km/h, and no, the manufacturer is not pulling numbers out of their ass.

You see, the top gear of this car will allow the car to reach a theoretical redline-limited top speed of 440 km/h. Of course, there is a huge difference between theory and reality - theory in this case involves running the car in a vacuum - of course this will NEVER happen.

Just factoring in air resistance alone, this car will need to overcome almost 40% more drag at 440 km/h than the Veyron will at 400 km/h, assuming this car's aerodynamics are as good as that of the Veyron.

So just by looking at this, you can see that the quoted top speed of this car, and dare I say it, the Saleen S7, is nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

Another american supercar with specs pulled out from a hat, ponypower, ugly looks, and most likely, shopping cart handling.

That 440km/h top speed is claimed from wind tunnel testing, which is essential for building the car, but riduculous for using as the sole basis to claim your top speed.

You simply cannot make the world's fastest car by throwing in a 1064 ponypower engine and ripping the door off a diablo. It takes years of engineering, and that what makes the bugatti veyron so credible. I never believed in the horsepower americans claim to have in their engines anyway.

You may argue on how that shelby could beat the veyron and that it is the better car. But given the choice of a veyron or that shelby, you would be insane not to pick the veyron. Bugatti still has that pedigree and credibility like many european manufacturers. It is just a little hard to believe those americans.

QuicksilverFX said:
278 mph - 1987 Oldsmobile Aerotech

253 mph - 2006 Bugatti 16.4 Veyron

american cars FTW!

Well, there's a helpful, constructive and useful way to bump a thread.

Besides, bet the Oldsmobile's dash was plasticky. :p

Since this was bumped I may as well fix someones mistake:

QupiX said:
And btw, i think more people have heard from shelby then from bugatti :)

This company has nothing to do with THAT Shelby.

It's a completely different/new company. They haven't done shit, and they have no past. Please refer to them as SSC, not Shelby, to avoid confusion.

teeb said:
QuicksilverFX said:
278 mph - 1987 Oldsmobile Aerotech

253 mph - 2006 Bugatti 16.4 Veyron

american cars FTW!

Well, there's a helpful, constructive and useful way to bump a thread.

Besides, bet the Oldsmobile's dash was plasticky. :p
probably ran on leaf springs too :eek:

Oldsmobile Aerotech

87oldsmobile_aerotech_3.jpg

http://img276.imageshack.**/img276/373/aerotech29fu.jpg
It had a twin turbo 2.0 L I4 that made 750 bhp.