Photo Competition

Salar

How about a photo comp? weekly posted and content of it can be anything, maybe cars, city life etc.

What do you think guys?

Sounds great...

Let's wait for the regular posters

Anything that gets me to expand my photographic horizons and maybe give me a creative kickstart is awesome in my books. Who wants to run it? Whoster, maybe?

lol all you slr whores!!!! Soon i will become one amongst the whoring!

Ordering the 350d monday!

AxlxA said:

:thumbsup: You'll be obsessively checking the mail and tracking numbers constantly after you order it. While waiting for my D50, I found myself checking the tracking number 5 times a day...on the weekend.

Did you get the 18-55 with it?

AxlxA said:

This is what I own

00075630.jpg

But I try my best to take decent pictures.

Re: Photo Competition

Salar said:
weekly posted and content of it can be anything, maybe cars, city life etc.

You mean a different category each week? Sounds like a great idea! How about make it (kind of hard to enforce, I guess, but maybe rely on the honesty principle) that photos have to be taken within the time that the competition is open, ie. can't just use old photos you've already taken? Should make it a bit more interesting...

I'm in though! :thumbsup:

Salar said:
AxlxA said:

This is what I own

But I try my best to take decent pictures.

Heh.. At least it's better what i got

CX6230V.jpg

a poll would prolly be the best option, non?

or maybe someone in charge of a points system like the Photoshopping threads.

Poll is better if there's not many competitors but many voters.

If there are many competitors relatively to voters it's better to give points to top 3, for example, like in photoshopping contests.

I wouldn't mind doing something like this, maybe I will do better than I do in the photoshop contests. Count me in.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
AxlxA said:

:thumbsup: You'll be obsessively checking the mail and tracking numbers constantly after you order it. While waiting for my D50, I found myself checking the tracking number 5 times a day...on the weekend.

Did you get the 18-55 with it?

I will be getting the Kit lens because buying a separate lens right now is too expensive. runs me above $1000. I still havent purchased it yet, I want to find one for $630 rather than $650.

There won't be any poll, because people can vote for themselves. We make a thread first for entries, people can post their pictures in that thread (which has its rules), then we make another thread and it's for voting. ALL people on the forum can vote for their favorite picture. And they just write their vote in a single post, after one week, we count the votes. And then another comp...

So what do you think guys now?

Salar said:
There won't be any poll, because people can vote for themselves. We make a thread first for entries, people can post their pictures in that thread (which has its rules), then we make another thread and it's for voting. ALL people on the forum can vote for their favorite picture. And they just write their vote in a single post, after one week, we count the votes. And then another comp...

So what do you think guys now?

I fail to see the problem with people voting for themselves. So everyone votes for themselves, which gives them each one vote, which means they're still tied and doesn't change anything. The people that will decide the vote are the rest of the voters who didn't submit images.

A poll will be just fine.